Ignition switch replacement

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reddeluxe71

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Hey, I have a 2014 Ram 1500 Laramie Longhorn with the pushbutton start. I have just noticed that the button sticks. I wanted to see if this is a fairly simple replacement procedure, and if I get the part and replace will there be any flashing to be done or will the fobs still work with the new switch?

Thanks in advance for any help.

SitKneelBend

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
Hey, I have a 2014 Ram 1500 Laramie Longhorn with the pushbutton start. I have just noticed that the button sticks. I wanted to see if this is a fairly simple replacement procedure, and if I get the part and replace will there be any flashing to be done or will the fobs still work with the new switch?

Have you considered disassembly and cleaning? I feel like I've seen something about the button itself being removable and there is the lower trim key whole underneath. Might be worth looking into...

Edit: Here you go, she's young but she has good instruction (just don't use WD40 but something like QD Electronics Cleaner).

OP
OP
R

Reddeluxe71

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Saw that this morning. I think the little contact behind the button might be flattened and it is only a matter of time before I get stranded I'm afraid. Thank you

SitKneelBend

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
Saw that this morning. I think the little contact behind the button might be flattened and it is only a matter of time before I get stranded I'm afraid. Thank you
I wanna say there "might" even be a keyhole under that button but that may be on other models.

ric221

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi

Button is easy to replace. 4 screws and a plug. As far as I know no flashing is required, but I've wrong before.