Instrument cluster 04 ram 3500

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Johndjs

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 cummins
2004 Ram 3500
5.9 Cummins
Hey guys I think Im have an electrical problem! So my instrument cluster is acting up. The volts, fuel, tach, speedometer, oil pressure, and coolant temp all work on my instrument cluster. But nothing else does (odometer, PRND, all indicators, left/blinkers) even the noise indicator for the turn signals doesn’t work (they do work tho on the outside of the pickup). What I found weird about this all is one day I was driving to work and it dinged at me and everthing went back to normal that whole day, even coming back out of work and it still worked. So that night I washed my pickup and shut it off for the night and the next morning it didn’t work again and hasn’t worked since. So I’m stumped on weather it’s a bad ground, loose battery cables (I tightened them), or I need a new cluster. On the cluster tho when I bought the truck a couple months back the guy said non of the gauges worked so he put in a new cluster shortly before I bought it so I’m leaning towards the cluster is fine. But you guys are the professionals so I’m open to ideas and solutions!! FYI tho I did put a new injection pump in so maybe I hit something on the way out but I have no clue on what I did hit that would affect the gauges. So I’m stumped!