Laramie into a Rebel

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Rafer

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Hey everyone, so I’m mostly a lurker ingesting information but now I could use some insight.

I have a 2011 Laramie crew cab Hemi with 111,000 miles and I thought I might trade it in for a 2024 Rebel until I saw the out the door price, $78,000. I don’t have that kind of scratch and figured why not make my own Rebel. I’m still a sucker for the two tone paint of my existing ride which is the main reason I can’t part with the truck, I just love the way it looks, and it runs like a champ.

I don’t plan on heavy duty wheeling, forest roads and very light duty off-roading, this is mostly an appearance thing with a little rugged capability if needed. I know I won’t have all the latest gadgets and tech but I’ve gotten along fine for 40 years of driving without it

What do I need: 1” lift, 31’s, leveling, and what else? This is all what I don’t know. Rig is factory stock with 20” wheels, I’d also like to make it sound meatier like the GT exhaust but not make the neighbors hate me. I’m a novice when it comes to lift kits so are spacers needed, new shocks, springs, levelers, etc. to make myself a Rebel lookalike? Willing to spend good money because it won’t even come near $78k.

Appreciate any advice and opinions, thanks.

Attachments

• Image.jpeg
    Image.jpeg
    222.4 KB · Views: 7

crash68

ACME product engineer
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 EcoDiesel
What do I need: 1” lift, 31’s, leveling, and what else? This is all what I don’t know. Rig is factory stock with 20” wheels,
The Gen4 Rebel actually runs on (33") 285/70/17 tires which are basically the same diameter to the factory 20s on your truck now.
275x60xR20-285x70xR17.png
You just need a set of OEM or Replica Rebel rims to complete that part of the look.
As for an exhaust, let's see what @Nick@GotExhaust suggests. You could probably switch to the dual exhaust at the same time, a dual exhaust cut out bumper shouldn't be to hard to find.
Even the Rebel(also Warlock) front end can be swapped over but that requires the grill and bumper. I think there's "Rebel replica" grills available for the current bumper you have, check on eBay.

Atcer2018

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
If you hit up Nick@gotexhaust get a price on Bilstein 5100 shocks. They are height adjustable fronts to give you the lift you are looking for. More expensive but far better than a puck spacer and they will firm up your ride for light off roading.

OP
OP
R

Rafer

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
The Gen4 Rebel actually runs on (33") 285/70/17 tires which are basically the same diameter to the factory 20s on your truck now.
View attachment 540707
You just need a set of OEM or Replica Rebel rims to complete that part of the look.
As for an exhaust, let's see what @Nick@GotExhaust suggests. You could probably switch to the dual exhaust at the same time, a dual exhaust cut out bumper shouldn't be to hard to find.
Even the Rebel(also Warlock) front end can be swapped over but that requires the grill and bumper. I think there's "Rebel replica" grills available for the current bumper you have, check on eBay.
I should clarify a bit: I've currently got the 5.7 so also the dual exhaust and don't necessarily need OEM Rebel rims. More looking for the stance and height of 2024 Rebel which I understand has a 1" factory lift and 31s to give it the height. Im unsure of which truck parts should/would need replacing to achieve that Rebel stance.

crash68

ACME product engineer
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 EcoDiesel
More looking for the stance and height of 2024 Rebel which I understand has a 1" factory lift and 31s to give it the height.
Even the Gen5 Rebel rolls on 33" tires just like the Gen4 version. Some of the height effect comes from the taller sidewall of the tires by using a diameter smaller rim.
As for the stance as mentioned by others, you can do the mild lift of an inch with Bilsteins.

suicideking

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7, 4X4, Sport and Tow packages.
I don't blame you for not wanting a new truck with new payments. If you're still considering, checkout the 2023 stock in your area. I bought a '23 two weeks ago and they were doing 20% off. There's a decent selection '23 Rebels in my area.

Not sure where you are, but I pulled up the least expensive one on the Ram website, in FL. They're showing it's $52,108. Though who know if they have $5K+ in add ons or something.

A suspension lift if usually going to ride better than pucks. Though sounds like you only need about 1" more. Though not familiar with the 2011.

Last edited:

Nick@GotExhaust

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Here is my recommendations on suspension. Eibach Pro kit and Zone UCA's. This will give you lift front and rear while improving off road performance and will offer much improved on road ride comfort. This is a very common package that our customers go with and they really love it for daily driving with occasional mild off roading.

For exhaust we have many options. Depends on how loud you want and if you just want a muffler kit or a full catback.

Message me and we can discuss options further and pricing