Low Mile 2002 Camaro Z28

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Treburkulosis

Treburkulosis

Your High End Detailer
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 Lonestar Edition converted over to a Sport
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Yes! I’ve done a bit of chassis work, and exhaust! Motor is all factory!
They made good power stock. I will say this as I have gotten older the high horsepower mine makes kind of gets old. It is really hard to cruise around. Not impossible, just not pleasurable. Its getting a kill switch tomorrow. Mine has a every thing UMI offers for the 4th gens on it. It needs some better springs and it is still rocking the factory shocks and struts lol.

Udy2554

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
They made good power stock. I will say this as I have gotten older the high horsepower mine makes kind of gets old. It is really hard to cruise around. Not impossible, just not pleasurable. Its getting a kill switch tomorrow. Mine has an every thing UMI offers for the 4th gens on it. It needs some better springs and it is still rocking the factory shocks and struts lol.
Awesome!

Lots of UMI here too! They’re just a couple hours from me!

Twin disc Monster clutch!

Short throw Hurst!

Tick adjustable clutch!

Frost tune!

Eliminated AIR/EGR!

Truck coils and MSD wires!

TA girdle on rear end with chromoloy axles!

AR SS Headers and catted Y with Borla tuned exhaust and cutout!

70,000miles on original springs and shocks! 4-way coil-overs next? Maybe tubular K-member?

Last edited:
OP
OP
Treburkulosis

Treburkulosis

Your High End Detailer
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Awesome!

Lots of UMI here too! They’re just a couple hours from me!

Twin disc Monster clutch!

Short throw Hurst!

Tick adjustable clutch!

Frost tune!

Eliminated AIR/EGR!

Frost tune!

Truck coils and MSD wires!

TA girdle on rear end with chromoloy axles!

AR SS Headers and catted Y with Borla tuned exhaust and cutout!

70,000miles on original springs and shocks! 4-way coil-overs next? Maybe tubular K-member?
I am honestly shocked when the motor was being built that was not added. Coilovers for sure, I just want to make sure I dont lose my ride quality. That is why I am hesitant right now lol.

OP
OP
Treburkulosis

Treburkulosis

Your High End Detailer
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Show was good. It was at a country club on the lake here. It was cloudy and windy. The view was amazing. Probably the best view that I have ever seen for a car show in my 20 years of car showing. Hung out with a buddy and his wife. He has a 02 Saleen that he bought new. It is just about to turn 40k. We have been car showing together for 20 years. We were talking about that yesterday.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2024-05-12 at 7.48.14 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2024-05-12 at 7.48.14 AM.png
    1.4 MB · Views: 3
  • Screen Shot 2024-05-12 at 7.48.25 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2024-05-12 at 7.48.25 AM.png
    1.5 MB · Views: 3

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine
Show was good. It was at a country club on the lake here. It was cloudy and windy. The view was amazing. Probably the best view that I have ever seen for a car show in my 20 years of car showing. Hung out with a buddy and his wife. He has a 02 Saleen that he bought new. It is just about to turn 40k. We have been car showing together for 20 years. We were talking about that yesterday.
If it's carshow drivable,it's dragstrip drivable,when's this thing going to make a track pass,lol

Udy2554

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Looking good!

My boss(passed away last Sept.) has a similar looking Saleen! His wife and kids still have it! Definitely show worthy! I don’t want to clutter your thread here, but they also have a little Red Express, ‘69 Dart Swinger, ‘73 Duster, an couple Hellcat Chargers, 392 Rubicon…

OP
OP
Treburkulosis

Treburkulosis

Your High End Detailer
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Looking good!

My boss(passed away last Sept.) has a similar looking Saleen! His wife and kids still have it! Definitely show worthy! I don’t want to clutter your thread here, but they also have a little Red Express, ‘69 Dart Swinger, ‘73 Duster, an couple Hellcat Chargers, 392 Rubicon…
You are not! Post pictures! That is awesome that his wife and kids kept it!

Udy2554

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
IMG_6963.jpegIMG_6969.jpegIMG_6966.jpegIMG_6968.jpegIMG_6965.jpegIMG_6970.jpeg

Stake sides for the Lil’ Red Express!

340ci w/5-speed for the Dart!

Express also has full stainless exhaust with cutouts to stacks! Well built motor with headers made it impossible to hear anything running the stacks!

Udy2554

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Both, the Dart(older son’s), and Duster(younger son’s), have been swapped between the 727TF and 5-speeds! They have also both been injected and carb’d! Right now the Dart is 5-speed with carb, the Duater is 5-speed and injected!

Udy2554

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
@Udy2554 That is awesome! Glad your boys caught the hotrod ding bug!
Certainly is an expensive enough hobby! Couldn’t afford drugs and alcohol as teens! It’s always been a family affair! One of His Hellcat chargers was over 1000hp at the rear wheels! Got him kicked off the track a couple times for no cage or fire suppression!