Lowering 2002 Ram 1” or 2” more?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

979dodge

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Greetings to all. I haven’t been on here in a while and ashamed to report I have neglected my 3rd gen for a while. Ever since I dropped my 5th gen, I haven’t paid attention to the 3rd gen single cab. Ram current has a 2/5 djm drop with “2 control arms up front and long shackles provided in rear of course with flip kit. My question is, how do I achieve a “6 drop? Do I use factory shackles? I want to be cheap and drill another hole in dim shackle, but it involves cutting away about 2” worth of metal from shackle and I do not want to make shackle weaker due to cutting. Can anyone show a picture of their rear 6” inch drop? Want to put those Viking shocks to use. Also, how hard would it be to align if I were to cut off 1” of factory coil with dim control arms? I emailed dim and the did not recommend that. Thanks in advance .