misfire issue with a head scratching twist

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Monlov

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
2019 ram 1500 with the 5.7. We had a misfire code for cylinder cylinder 3 and a multiple misfire code. We pulled up the live data and confirmed the misfire on cylinder 3. Swapped the coil from 1 and 3, still observed the misfire on cylinder 3. Truck was driven for a few days out of necessity before we were able to look at it again. This is where the twist is, we now no longer have a misfire on cylinder 3 but now we have a misfire on cylinder 6. Watching the live data we are having a steady misfire at idle, it goes away during acceleration or at cruising speed and will return when the rpms return back to idle. It jumping to cylinder 6 has me confused, it would be the next cylinder in the firing order which makes me wonder if it a timing or sensor issue(crank or camshaft) and also make me think that it would not be mechanical( ie frozen lifter). Curious if anyone has encountered similar or have any ideas before it start tearing into it more. Thank you

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Meteleskum