New to ram

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Brahmajoe

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hey guys and girls. Looking at the 2025 rams and I’m torn between the 3.6 or 3.0. I was hoping you could help me out if you have any suggestions. If I did go 3.6 I was thinking 3.55 gears. Or I can get a 24 with the Hemi. Looking for reliability Thanks

Last edited:

DanAR

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
The only real concern I have with my 23 Hemi is the complexity and expense of the e-torque system if it goes belly up. It’s been around awhile and doesn’t seem to have any sort of mass-failure record but it’s still a complex system. The newly available SO and HO engines and their turbo systems don’t really have a record yet in their RAM configurations. I understand the 3.6 has a pretty good reliability record but you give up a lot of hauling capacity and performance with it.

Dan Topp

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Welcome to the forum from Jefferson Wis. With those options I would reconsider getting a Ram without a 5.7 or try to get a diesel. .Let the bugs get worked out with the new 6 before being a Guinea pig.