No start after engine swap (5.7L)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ethan123

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
As title reads, swapped my 5.7L hemi. Now I have no start but my throttle body responds to the key and I hear the fuel pump priming.
Jumped the starter, starter works
Traced positive power to the fuse box and pcm pcm has power
Starter solenoid works
No power going through starter solenoid and the trucks giving me a code for my transmission solenoid
Any ideas would be appreciated

jws123

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Make sure you got all your ground wires sounds like the truck doesnt know its in park also the little wire that sides onto the starter that connection/plug goes bad often I always cut it off and replace it so just check that.

OP
OP
E

Ethan123

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Make sure you got all your ground wires sounds like the truck doesnt know its in park also the little wire that sides onto the starter that connection/plug goes bad often I always cut it off and replace it so just check that.
Is there a sensor for the prndl123 I can check? Grounds all check out

jws123

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Is there a sensor for the prndl123 I can check? Grounds all check out
would be the main plug that goes into the transmission when your in the truck and you move it from P R D ect does it show that you are?

OP
OP
E

Ethan123

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
would be the main plug that goes into the transmission when your in the truck and you move it from P R D ect does it show that you are?
It shows circles or squares or whatever around all of the gears, not any specific one no.

jws123

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
It shows circles or squares or whatever around all of the gears, not any specific one no.
thats your problem then truck doesnt know its in park check your wires/fuses.