Official Redline SI-1 thread.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

CanuckRam1313

Reaction score
Ram Year
2023 Warlock SLT
Engine
Do you get any smoke on startup when you do this? I get a little smoke at cold start when I do. Clears itself up when I refill the tank though. And I too notice idle and driving improvement.
Zero cold start smoke whatsoever.
Just a happy HEMI.

G-Ride990

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Zero cold start smoke whatsoever.
Just a happy HEMI.
Freaked me out the first time I saw it. Checked everything to make sure I wasn't burning oil. 100% positive it was SI1 mixed in high concentration. My truck is straight piped though, wonder if thats why I see it.

OP
OP
Burla

Burla

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Hemi Reg Cab 4x4
Engine
Hemi
Do you get any smoke on startup when you do this? I get a little smoke at cold start when I do. Clears itself up when I refill the tank though. And I too notice idle and driving improvement.
Interesting, you know sea foam does this because it is super concentrated 100% solvent right on piston tops. Burns that carbon off real good, never heard of this with si-1. It really brings up a great question, because if anything else all of the info in this thread proves concentration level does matter. If I have an opinion on this, I would want to do a long trip after or during this strategy, get that catalytic converter real hot and get all that ash off that. I would get a boroscope and put it down a plug hole, see what's up.

It's hard to know what the sweet spot is, but I would say at a minimum I would want a full bottle of si-1 per full tank, and then possibly using that bottle in a half tank do present great possibilities. Or even in a quarter tank. Thank for all the guys bring this up, worth considering. IMO this white smoke is a good sign, maybe not for catalytic converter but Good for cleaning carbon.

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine
Decided to take a look inside my 300's cylinders today,but i'm not putor literate enough to get pic's off my boroscope onto here. After a bottle of CRC's 1 stop cleaner and a bottle of SI-1 ,the outer edges of the pistons towards the ring lands are definitely cleaner then they were last fall. The center of the pistons don't really show much differance,but it's tough to gauge the thickness of piston top carbon build-up,they might have less carbon then i think,but with-out pulling the engine apart it's only a guess on my part. The stuff does clean the carbon on the outer edges of the pistons though,and probably knocks a bit of carbon off the top ring land. I haven't really noticed any differance in injector noise,they don't seem to be any quieter then they were,but then again,they aren't any noisier either.
Whether it's a cure all for fuel system issues,i'm not gonna coment on,but then again,i also don't think it hurts anything either. If you have noisy injectors it's probably worth it to run a couple bottles of the SI-1 through the system,and see if it helps.
The stuff appears to work,maybe not as much as i was expecting,but i only ran one bottle of each through the system,maybe if i'd of bulked it up to 2 bottles of each per tankful of fuel,i might have seen more results.

srv1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
345 c.i. HEMI MAGNUM
Does anyone happen to know the shelf life of redline sI-1?I'm looking to stock up.Also,while I'm asking,whats the shelf life of lubegard?I like being stocked up. Must be an old guy thing.ha ha.

OP
OP
Burla

Burla

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Hemi Reg Cab 4x4
Engine
Hemi
good question, I do not know, and now that dave is gone i wouldnt know who to ask.

HEMIMANN

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 2500 Laramie Crew Cab
Engine
6.4L HEMI
If Red Line left their contact form up on their website you could send your question and see if or who responds.

Weren't they going to move their OG California operation somewhere per owner Phillips-Conoco?

HEMIMANN

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 2500 Laramie Crew Cab
Engine
6.4L HEMI
Sure as $hit, on the way home from hunting property yesterday, we re-routed to evade the storms and there wasn't a single Top Tier branded fuel station for 250 miles.

Kwik Trip took over most of the region, and of course dumped Top Tier Certification during the pandemic and never went back.

Hence, I now carry a measure bottle of SI-1 in the truck - added my 1 ounce per 15 gallons gas - wahlah - instant Top Tier detergent dosage.