Oil Pan Replacement

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TrekLawler

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Magnum 5.2
Hello Everyone,
New to the forum, appreciate the opportunity to post.

I have a 2013 RAM Longhorn with the 5.7 and getting ready to go through the engine and install the new cam with MDS delete kit as well as headers, new oil pump, etc. The oil pan does have quite a bit of rust on it and I thought since I was digging into this project and will have to remove the pan anyway to replace the oil pump I would look into a new pan. Since I do live in the Midwest and rust belt where a lot of salt is used in the winter time I'm leery about installed another stamped steel pan and was looking into aluminum alternatives. Holley sells one that is for gen III hemi engine swaps

Has anyone ever done or used one of these with success?

thank in advance

Trek Lawler
Kansas City, MO.

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine
Hello Everyone,
New to the forum, appreciate the opportunity to post.

I have a 2013 RAM Longhorn with the 5.7 and getting ready to go through the engine and install the new cam with MDS delete kit as well as headers, new oil pump, etc. The oil pan does have quite a bit of rust on it and I thought since I was digging into this project and will have to remove the pan anyway to replace the oil pump I would look into a new pan. Since I do live in the Midwest and rust belt where a lot of salt is used in the winter time I'm leery about installed another stamped steel pan and was looking into aluminum alternatives. Holley sells one that is for gen III hemi engine swaps

Has anyone ever done or used one of these with success?

thank in advance

Trek Lawler
Kansas City, MO.
It only holds 6.2 quarts,the stock pan holds 7 quarts.Keep us updated on it if you spring for one. Your factory pan did make it 12 years,if you get another 12 years out of a stock replacement pan,that'd probably be the end of the trucks life expectancy

OP
OP
T

TrekLawler

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Magnum 5.2
It only holds 6.2 quarts,the stock pan holds 7 quarts.Keep us updated on it if you spring for one. Your factory pan did make it 12 years,if you get another 12 years out of a stock replacement pan,that'd probably be the end of the trucks life expectancy
very good point on the age. never really thought of it that way.

thanks

GTyankee

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 ecodiesel
Buy a new or good used Pan..
then find a local Powder Coating Shop, one that the Hot Rodders use.

They will sand blast it & powder coat it will any color & texture that you could possibly care for.

But the cost may not be worth it

My Harley Trike has powder coated gas tanks
My Rams Nerf Bars are Powder Coated, as is the Sign Rack

1723607428381.png

1723607692463.png

1723607841865.png

jws123

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
By the time a new pan rots out the rest of your truck will probably go first new vehicles are made out of paper having rust issues on my 2014 already.