One bucket wash

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

CrispyBacon

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Anyone try the "new" wash method?

Foam canon, dwell, rinse... Foam AGAIN, dwell, second rinse/actually pressure wash carefully...

Then grit guard in the soap bucket (just in case).

I've done it 6 times, now, and every time I've poured out the water at the end, it's been clean. I do typically use a bug spray prior to the first foam, but that's it. No other pretreat.

I saw a couple of YouTube channels talking about this, now that foams have developed more. You can use higher pH soaps to do even more work during the foam stage, but they could potentially cause coatings/protection to wear a bit faster.

KYPOTLICKER

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I have not, I am sure my method is rudimentary, but seems effective for me.
Rockers / wheels/tires/bumpers done with one bucket of soap and sponge
All other surfaces done with a brush with long handle. Always use quality soap (of your choice)
Follow up with any sort of quick detailer to remove water spots.

dhay13

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
2500 6.4L Hemi 4.10's 'Off-Road'
just worked on mine last night but it will look funny for awhile till i get the whole thing done...lol. replacing my broken passenger side tow mirror and been wanting to clay, buff and wax the truck for awhile so decided to do the hood, passenger front fender and passenger front door last night while the mirror was off to make it easier. rest of the truck is still dirty...lol. was in the garage till midnight. gonna do the drivers side tonight.
i have a foam cannon but haven't used it for awhile but it does work great. i also bought one of the bucket 'strainers' that keep your sponges from sitting on the bottom of the bucket.
Guess thats what you were referring to as a grit guard?