Ordering a 2025 Model

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Rafer

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I don't post here a lot but I've been struggling with keeping my old 2011 1500 Laramie or eating the cost of new, so after some lift kit advice I went back to the dealer today to talk. Found out some interesting things as the dealer and I went through a prospective ordering process.

-The Laramie and Rebel will only be available with the standard output I6
-The "Off Road Package" in non-Rebel models only available on the Limited
-The Limited comes standard with the bedside cargo boxes, no delete of them is possible
-The Limited Longhorn also has standard cargo boxes but interior is dark brown

So apparently if I wanted the HO engine and the ORG I'm forced to get the Limited with cargo boxes and that drives the truck cost up to $87,000 before TTL, and I don't even want the boxes. Has anyone else ordered one of 2025 models yet or queried a dealer about the options? I'm not even sure I want the new engine but I drove a Grand Wagoneer with the HO and it was pretty damn quick.

tron67j

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Wait and drive the various engines to see what you are missing, to see if it is worth it and if you even care. Possibly they might consider putting the ho in other models in future years.

JoeFriday

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 Hurricane SO
I drove the 2025 Ram with Hurricane 3.0 inline twin turbo, in the Laramie trim..... standard output.

It has incredible power throughout the power band. It dusts the old Hemi...... Standard Output has 420 hp and 269 ft lbs of torque.... besting the Hemi.

As you commiserate about the 'cost' of a trim that you can get the High Output engine in, consider this: The High Output engine requires/not recommends ... Premium Fuel. Premium Fuel is very expensive and over time will cost you bigly $$$. So, even if you were able to get the HO in a Laramie, which is also a very pricey truck optioned up..... the gas will get you to the tune of several extra thousands of dollars over time vs the Standard Output engine.

I'd be more concerned about the Hurricane engine in general, being a Direct Injection only configuration (Ford and Toyota are dual Port and Direct Injection)..... and the issues that most Direct Injection engines have on carbon buildup of the backside of the Intake Valves.... resulting in poor fuel economy, rough idling, lessened performance..... down the road.

joesstripclub

Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 2500 PW
Engine
Hemi 6.4
Something I think a lot of people missed is that the HO hurricane actually has a lower towing capacity than the SO. You would think more power = more towing, but there must be some durability concern pushing the extra power.