Pedal commander cause air hose burst?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Joesayl

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Ecodiesel 3.0
I have a 2022 1500 Ecodiesel with 23,000 miles. Last weekend I was towing my travel trailer when the inlet air hose to the intercooler burst. I have a Pedal Commander on the vehicle set to City 2. Any chance using the PC contributed to the bursting of the hose? I’ve seen posts about burst air hoses on here but haven’t seen any in conjunction with use of a PC. Wondering if I should not use the PC when towing. Thanks.

Docwagon1776

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2012, 2021
Engine
5.7, 6.4
No. The PC and similar do nothing but alter the signal strength from the accelerator pedal sensor that is sent to the ECU so the ECU thinks the pedal was pushed further and faster than it actually was.

Neither the ECU nor anything upstream "know" the pedal commander is there and it cannot effect anything that simply pushing the pedal further and faster would also do. So, in short, if flooring the accelerator won't cause it to burst, neither will a PC.