Question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MrWonderful

Reaction score
Ram Year
I recently bought a 2023 Ram with 5500 miles on it. I have the daytime running lights on. My issue is this:
When I put the truck in drive it looks like the fog lights (not sure if it actually the fog lights) come on as well, which is fine, but the passenger side doesn't come on. If I put the truck in Park those lower lights go out, again, fine, but then I can't get out and look for myself. If I turn on the fog lights, they both turn on. What is it that needs replaced, the whole unit, are there multiple bulbs and just one of those needs replaced? I can't find anything about it.

Jrod

USAF 1997-2008
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2024 Laramie Night Edition
Engine
HEMI 5.7L eTorque
No idea how the 5th Gen LED light system works yet. Since I just got into one last week. But worst case scenario, your truck is still under factory warranty. The dealer is still on the hook to resolve any issue.

1979 300

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4L
If your steering wheel is turned it will turn on the fog light on that side, or if you go below 25 MPH and hit the turn signal, that side fog light will come on. Is your steering wheel straight when you are checking the fog lights?

mikeru

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 Limited
Engine
Hemi 5.7L non-Etorque
If your steering wheel is turned it will turn on the fog light on that side, or if you go below 25 MPH and hit the turn signal, that side fog light will come on. Is your steering wheel straight when you are checking the fog lights?
The fog lights on 5th gens double as cornering lights. Turning the fog lights on disables that feature (obviously).

DA67Goatman

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
set the parking brake and you can get out and check them yourself in drive or reverse with the key on engine off.