radiator replacement

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jim Tinker

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7l
I have a 2003 Dodge Ram 1500 SLT with 4.7 engine automatic transmission, with the factory tow package. I took it to the local transmission shop just to do a diag and they called me in the afternoon and asked me if I've ever overheated the engine I said no it doesn't leak a drop, when I went to pick it up the top right of the radiator was leaking like the Hoover Dam. It was leaking out just as fast as water being poured into it. it has plastic side tanks on it so can this be fixed? if not where can I get a good replacement radiator thanks in advance

JW2 Innovations

Preferred Vendor
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 Ram 2500
Engine
I'm not aware of any fix once the plastic cap areas on a radiator go/start leaking.

Rock Auto probably has one, look up year/make/model on their site.

I'm sure many other sites do as well, but if you have the time I'd check them out. If need quick, then Amazon or local auto parts store.

JW2 Innovations

Preferred Vendor
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 Ram 2500
Engine
Not sure how much you want to invest....but all aluminum might be an option if that's in your price point. No more plastic end caps!

aszumilo

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
On my 2004 I ended up putting a screwdriver thru the radiator. Bought a new one at O'Reillys, think it was about $180 or so. That was about5 or 6 years ago. My 2011 is starting to leak at the tank seam. Bought a 4 core aluminum for about $250 w/ shipping. Just need to put it in.
This is the one I got. It sure is pretty.

Here's one for your 2003 (only a 3 row though)