Rear seat lift

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Gabriell1229

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
2011 dodge ram 1500, I’m big into audio and want to put a cleaner system in my truck, currently I have a amp rack under the rear seat and two 12” subs sitting on my back seat. I want my seat back and I’m trying to see options for getting them under the back seat, don’t want the prefab boxes for shallow subs because mine are 6.5” deep I have seen the seat lift mods that gives a little extra room under the seat and allows for the seat to fold down as well now the real question is how much taller does it actually it actually raise the seat? Is it possible to remove the sheet metal that actually make it a storage area? I originally was gonna do a blow through but am trying to see my options first

Last edited:

StateOfMind

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
The seat riser mod for folding rear seat back only raises the seat 5/8 to 1 inch. If you raise the seat 6.5 inches, nothing will hold the seat back. As for removing the sheet metal, you would have to be an expert fabricator to take on that project. There's a point where you can't have your cake, and eat it too.

SitKneelBend

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
1" with the stock bolts is about the max "safest" rise you will get out of the back seat.

StateOfMind

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
1" with the stock bolts is about the max "safest" rise you will get out of the back seat.
I actually bought a set of bolts, near perfect match for the stock bolts. But 3/4 " longer. I attacked washers until I achieved the bare minimum to snap the seat forward. Worked out to 5/8" in my case, not the same for everyone. After measuring the engagement length of the stock bolts, I realized I could still get full engagement, and just used the originals. I'm not sure if you would be able to seat the same amount of threads with a full inch rise. I'm sure it'll hold the seat firm, but as safe as stock? I'm skeptical, SKB

SitKneelBend

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
I actually bought a set of bolts, near perfect match for the stock bolts. But 3/4 " longer. I attacked washers until I achieved the bare minimum to snap the seat forward. Worked out to 5/8" in my case, not the same for everyone. After measuring the engagement length of the stock bolts, I realized I could still get full engagement, and just used the originals. I'm not sure if you would be able to seat the same amount of threads with a full inch rise. I'm sure it'll hold the seat firm, but as safe as stock? I'm skeptical, SKB
"Safest"... I'm skeptical too.