removing fender flares

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Morbidking

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 big horn 2014 laramie
Engine
wife's 2013 ram is going back for lemon law we are picking her new one up Saturday

neither of us are to happy about the fender flares that is on it how easy are they to remove

its the perfect truck except for the fender flares she not to happy about the color either she wanted black or Prairie

i told her the Maximum Steel looks black 90% of the time she is worried it looks to much like blue

she never saw the maximum up close only in pic we have to drive 5 hours one way to get this truck she said if it is blue when we get their she is going to kill me :lazer:

can anyone that has this color let me know how blue it really is this is the pic the dealer took for me

her new truck

http://www.chrysler.com/hostd/windowsticker/getWindowStickerPdf.do?vin=1C6RR7NT1ES290048

photo1_zpsa48e6246.jpg

her old truck

http://www.chrysler.com/hostd/windowsticker/getWindowStickerPdf.do?vin=1C6RR7LT4DS658515

20130602_195711_zpsfffbbf88.jpg

Cruizer

Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Sport 4x4 QC
Engine
5.7L Hemi
I don't think I'd removed those flares. Then you'll just have off color rockers. I couldn't tell you what OEM flares are like to remove though.

quietpeen

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 TRX
Engine
Hellcat
so the new truck is a laramie? That is a beautiful truck. I like the flares on it but its not my truck so that doesn't matter lol.

The flares are held on with screws in the inside edge and then 2 sided tape up against the fender. I would think if you are careful you could take the screws out and carefully get it started at one end and work your way pulling it off.

The flares on my truck were taken off another truck and all the tape was still intact on them. Looked like they just pulled right off.

i thought the maximum steel was more of a darker gray color. The blue might just be that pic

Cruizer

Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Sport 4x4 QC
Engine
5.7L Hemi
Be prepared to remove what's left of the two-sided tape. It would be similar to what holds the badges on. Use Goof Off or something like.

McCraezy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
You have to take the screws out from the edge of the wheelwell (7mm i think) and when you take the flares off there will be residue from the 2 sided tape, i use an adhesive removal wheel (3M or the like) being careful not to keep it in one section for too long, and then clean the surface with a bit of DuPont wash and wipe. Depending on how long they've been on there is sometimes a "Ghost line" which would probably buff out, but i've only ever done replacements, haven't actually left a truck without them on.