RF Module

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tsjazz2002

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Just wanted to provide a little information that might help someone else out. I went out to my truck and my remotes (both of them) would not work. I used the valet key and as soon as I open the door the alarm went off and wouldn't stop. I disconnected the battery and started researching. This forum along with others lead me down a path that was not accurate. I had the truck towed to the dealership and it turned out the RF module was inoperable. While at the dealership I was informed my rear window was an extended warranty item (extended from the factory and not a recall) and needed to be replaced. Putting two and two together I asked if the RF module problem could have been related to the window. The service representative said he would check. As it turns out the read window was leaking (I never noticed a leak) and the $1,300 RF module was replaced by the dealership for free. Hope this helps someone.