Some recipes

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Hardracer

Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 1500 laramie 4x4 crew cab
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I was wondering if anyone out there has any recipes to share like for camping,hunting,tailgating(see what i did there..makes it truck talk now...lol),on the stove at home etc.
I was on a search for a good KFC equivalent...came across this.actually 2 diff.places...so I threw a skillet out on the side burner of the grill with some oil in it,tossed in some battered dipped tenders and made it..have to say it was surprisingly really good just about the same as what I had a few weeks earlier from KFC.(mine were better...lol)
I see the random pic post is going pretty good so I thought I'd throw this out there and see what happens.
Post up some meal fixins..ill read them.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220826-171519_SmartNews.jpg
    Screenshot_20220826-171519_SmartNews.jpg
    85.9 KB · Views: 26
  • Screenshot_20220826-172233_SmartNews.jpg
    Screenshot_20220826-172233_SmartNews.jpg
    145.9 KB · Views: 24

Jeepwalker

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 Reg Cab, 4x4
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Dang....yer making me hungry!!

Sounds delicious. Thanks for sharing.

Grilled shrimp when sauted with some butter is great. Esp with that grilled taste. I mean, if you're looking to move beyond steak. And of course grilled Corn is always fantastic.

jawzs2

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2010, 2014
Engine
1500, 3500
When we do steak, I also take a vidalia onion, cut in half, scoop a spoonful out of the center. pop in a beef bullion cube, a healthy pat of butter, wrap in foil and pop on the grill for abut 30 - 40 minutes or so on med heat till it's nice and soft. I add some mushrooms to mine as well.

OP
OP
Hardracer

Hardracer

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Last week I whipped up some ribs.tried it in the oven this time.
Threw 'em in some tinfoil...
Some garlic butter,apple cider vinegar,beef broth,chopped up garlic and onions,slathered in mustard and a touch of honey, homemade spice mixture for a rub, wrapped again with tinfoil
2hrs15min. at 350.pulled it out opened it up,brushed on some homemade BBQ sauce,left the foil open,back in the oven for 15 or so min...
...oh man!..u could slide the bone out.so good....:cheers:
I really would like to hear more.
I love to cook....and eat...lol

diymirage

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
one of my go to's is something we call "farmers omelets" (but im sure they go by many names
it is mostly a breakfast food (in fact, i had one this morning) but it is filling enough to use as dinner

this one is a staple at our house for busy days, hiking, swimming, chopping down trees, anything that requires a good foundation

this requires iether a skillet or a griddle, but in a pinch it can be made in a frying pan

the main ingredient is shredded potatoes
(id call em hash browns, but i dont want you thinking macdonalds)
so you fry them up however you like, in the skillet
once they are almost done you add in, well, you add in whatever you feel like
i like mine with bacon, cheese and mushroom, the wife likes onions peppers and spinach, ive also made them with sausage and even chorizo

now, i do precook that stuff in a separate pan (or a different area of the griddle) it speed up the process
put it all together and pour over the omelet mix (couple three eggs and some milk, or if you in the mood for hotel omelets, water)

cook it until the egg is as dry as you like and serve it
personally, i like some honey mustard on mine

sometimes i add the seasoning to the potatoes, sometimes i add it to the omelet mix, makes little difference

Attachments

• 20240620_112217.jpg
    20240620_112217.jpg
    161.8 KB · Views: 11

max2bob

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 392
one of my go to's is something we call "farmers omelets" (but im sure they go by many names
it is mostly a breakfast food (in fact, i had one this morning) but it is filling enough to use as dinner

this one is a staple at our house for busy days, hiking, swimming, chopping down trees, anything that requires a good foundation

this requires iether a skillet or a griddle, but in a pinch it can be made in a frying pan

the main ingredient is shredded potatoes
(id call em hash browns, but i dont want you thinking macdonalds)
so you fry them up however you like, in the skillet
once they are almost done you add in, well, you add in whatever you feel like
i like mine with bacon, cheese and mushroom, the wife likes onions peppers and spinach, ive also made them with sausage and even chorizo

now, i do precook that stuff in a separate pan (or a different area of the griddle) it speed up the process
put it all together and pour over the omelet mix (couple three eggs and some milk, or if you in the mood for hotel omelets, water)

cook it until the egg is as dry as you like and serve it
personally, i like some honey mustard on mine

sometimes i add the seasoning to the potatoes, sometimes i add it to the omelet mix, makes little difference
this is good !! a variation from this when we are camping is we throw a few potatoes wrapped in foil on the campfire the night before and pull them out when they are almost cooked through. then the next morning we cut them up and proceed exactly like above , fantastic !!

diymirage

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
this is good !! a variation from this when we are camping is we throw a few potatoes wrapped in foil on the campfire the night before and pull them out when they are almost cooked through. then the next morning we cut them up and proceed exactly like above , fantastic !!
I'd be tempted to drop some sour cream and bacon on those suckers and eat them right out of the foil

But your recipe sounds great too!

JW2 Innovations

Preferred Vendor
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 Ram 2500
Engine
For those that like to slow smoke ribs:

Mix up the following:
Apple vinegar - just enough to show the mix start to thin out (with below ingredients)
Corky's BBQ sauce
Rendezvous dry rub

Pan of water goes below the rack in the grill with water, onions, and garlic cloves

Brush on your ribs being held upright in a rib rack on smoker grill/green egg.

Insert temp prob remote of choice so you don't have to fan the lid as often - I use one tied to my phone so I can do other stuff, even leave the house and come back once temp is dialed in. One in ribs, other at the grill rack level

Use smoker with pellet add on to grill and keep going for duration. Pellet type/kind/flavor of choice - I use apple.

Keep grill temp at top at 225 to 250 for 5-6 hours. You're done after 195 but prefer just over 200 degrees when the rib bones start poking out the sides more.

Every time family comes over and this is on the menu, it's the quietest dinner ever once we all start to eat. Good stuff!!

OP
OP
Hardracer

Hardracer

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Gotta love some good ribs!...though I never order them when I go out..couple real good bbq places around here.....way to messy....at home or a buddy bbq get-together..try and stop me from being 1st in line....lol...those are all day and way into the night events with plenty of booze.

Last edited:

Tominator223

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Brisket,steaks,or ribs. Coat with(your favorite)yellow mustard & then Grub Rub. That’s it. Smoke or grill. Or oven if it’s raining.

Burla

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Hemi Reg Cab 4x4
Engine
Hemi
Brisket,steaks,or ribs. Coat with(your favorite)yellow mustard & then Grub Rub. That’s it. Smoke or grill. Or oven if it’s raining.
I know a guy who had his own salsa company, sweet heat it was a salsa for meet. He taught me everything I know on the grill, he mustarded everything beef. Said it keeps the juice in. I don't mustard everything anymore, but I get it, he also taught me how to make creamy andouille sauce for tri tip. Try it once, you are hooked, every single BBQ I have and I do about 15 a year, I have family members calling me all the time, you are making your andul right?

Saute fresh andul, gotta source it and I have not found any replacements as of yet, pre cooked wont get you there. about a pound. whole foods or butcher good sources. never drain suate, that is the flavor, keep it in the pan.

then add garlic a bulb, not a clove, and some fresh green onions.

pint chicken broth, some cayenne.

Then add a bunch of cream, I get 1/2 gallons at Costco and often use the entire thing, when I do I kick up a tad more andul. You heat this uncovered til it start to thicken, you do this before you cook the tri tip, it will take at least an hour to thicken, sometimes two lowish heat. don't leave unintended til you have mastered the boil, as in once you get a rising boil, then drop heat.

Secret ingredient, use huy fong chili garlic sauce. You keep adding this until you start to feel the heat. Many tablespoons, or until you like the flavor.

Put this on some tri tip, I isht you not the fam damily will ask for it everytime. I only do t breasts at thanksgiving because every wants tri tip with andul more then turkey, which I also good perfectly on the Rotisserie. Put this on french bread for something ten times better then any garlic bread you can imagine, and shrimp. Sometimes rarely I use it on chicken, but only when I make pasta.shrimp/chicken/andul, Makes a good butter as well, but chill serve for days. Sometimes I strain the andul and sometimes not, just preference. People tend to not like the andoille on the steak unless they are small pieces, so lately I strain the andul and use as pure cream sauce. flavor is something you cannot duplicate. There are some options items tomatoes etc, but that is the core.

OP
OP
Hardracer

Hardracer

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Man that sounds delicious!

diymirage

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
There used to be a restaurant here, hands down the best restaurant in town untill the wicked Whitmer of the west killed the business with her unconstitutional overreach and abuse of power

They made a Bavarian salmon that was coated with mustard and served over a leek sauce

Best salmon I ever had

mullet6577

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 Sport
Engine
5.7 Hemi
For those that like to slow smoke ribs:

Mix up the following:
Apple vinegar - just enough to show the mix start to thin out (with below ingredients)
Corky's BBQ sauce
Rendezvous dry rub
Before I even noticed your location I knew you had to be somewhere close to Memphis. Any time I do ribs at least one rack is Rendezvous'd