Stalling

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

David Vandercook

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I got my brakes fixed today, turned out to be master cylinder. I took my 86 w250 for a short drive to the store and it did fine the whole way there. When I came back from the store I started it back up. It took a few tries and the engine was still warmed up. Once I got it started I backed out and tried driving but it stalled before I had gone a few feet. I couldn't get it to run for longer than a minute after that, it just kept stalling when I tried to start again. Too dang hot outside to do much while it's here, must be 200 degrees on the surfaces so I just called for a tow. Any ideas on why it would stall like this?

Rlaf75

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Did you by chance disturb any vacuum lines or hoses while replacing the master cylinder?

OP
OP
David Vandercook

David Vandercook

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Actually, that could be it. I just inspected the intake and found two open vacuum hose fittings on the carburetor that I thought I capped off when I rebuilt the carb and deleted the automatic choke but I guess I forgot or they fell off. I'll have to get some new caps for them.