Stellantis Sues Dealer To Dodge Buy-Back Of $180 Million Worth Of Fleet Vehicles

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

leftchevybehind

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi eTorque
I believe Stellantis is in the clear here.

When I traded my Chevy in for the Ram, I stumbled upon a fully loaded Fleet Vehicle with all the bells and whistles, something that you don't see too often. It never sold bc of the high markup and options.

I got an ok deal on it and when I looked at comps, they were all Fleet built to order trucks with a ton of options on their build sheet.

The most egregious ones on lots were those the dealers added some huge rough country kit and some other custom aftermarket adds on. Bringing prices well over $80k.

Almost all of those I saw never sold and still on lots - massive 6" lifts and ugly wheels.

I bet that same dealer in the lawsuit actually fluffed the numbers to boost their allocations hoping to rip off consumers with high markups and loaded trims.

I might drive by their tmrw to see what their prices look like right now, they're probably hoping to reduce those liabilities.

Dusty

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I thought I read that the suit has been withdrawn.

Regards,
Dusty
2019 Ram 1500 Billet Silver Laramie Quad Cab 2WD, 5.7 Hemi, 8HP75, 3.21 axle, 33-gallon fuel tank, 18” wheels. Build Date: 3 June 2018. Now at 117544 miles.