Thoughts & reviews on these SkyJacker parts/lift kits?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
JinxCanada

JinxCanada

Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Ram Sport
Engine
5.7 Hemi
can somebody explain lift kits to me....I know nothing. Sorry to ask..but please help me understand how they work and what I need. I would do a suspension lift...not a body lift. TIA

OP
OP
JinxCanada

JinxCanada

Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Ram Sport
Engine
5.7 Hemi
skyjacker_D960SSK-N.jpg

does this lift kit have EVERYTHING I would need? Or do I also need to buy shocks/struts etc? I'm lost

Burla

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Hemi Reg Cab 4x4
Engine
Hemi
Steering Stabilizer is more for big tires then your lift, what size tires are you thinking?

Have you thought about having a shop do your lift? They will align and do a simple lift pretty cheap.

OP
OP
JinxCanada

JinxCanada

Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Ram Sport
Engine
5.7 Hemi
oh I won't do the lift myself. I'd be too nervous to risk that. For now I'll just stick with my 35" x 12.5" Toyos...but I would probably go to 38" eventually.

Burla

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Hemi Reg Cab 4x4
Engine
Hemi
Most budget lift places like les shuab will want you to buy the lift there, so purchasing it upfront might lesson the pool of people willing to do the lift. Many times they will run specials, at least down here in the states it's that way. 4 wheel drive stores especially run lift specials all the time. They really have smoking deals on suspension lifts many times throughout the year. I wouldn't buy the lift online unless I was doing it myself. With 37 and up size tires I would run a stabilizer. Your truck will have more travel, depending on how you drive there is wear on tear on axles and ball joints and stuff.

xrsman

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 Ecodiesel
Yeah you'll probably get a better deal buying it from the shop that'll install it. Check out Zone. They're affordable and it's a great quality set up. Also don't buy anything from the US, you'll pay an extra 35% because of exchange right now!

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk

CuylerTech

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Big Horn Mega Cab 4x4
Engine
6.7L
99% sure you cant run a steering stabilizer on a A arm front suspension, only solid axles.