Tilt feature on tow side mirrors

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

69MachCJ

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Hello!- New to the forum, so thanks for all the help. I had a 2016 Limited that had auto tilting mirrors when put in reverse. My baby got wrecked in NY & I've replaced it with a 2017 1500 Laramie. This truck's mirrors do not tilt. Will be replacing these scratched mirror glasses so wondering if there is a way to turn on the tilt function when the assemblies?
Thanks for any help ! --George

wrench78

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Hello!- New to the forum, so thanks for all the help. I had a 2016 Limited that had auto tilting mirrors when put in reverse. My baby got wrecked in NY & I've replaced it with a 2017 1500 Laramie. This truck's mirrors do not tilt. Will be replacing these scratched mirror glasses so wondering if there is a way to turn on the tilt function when the assemblies?
Thanks for any help ! --George
Did you check to see if the tilt is turned off in the menu section? I have a 2017 Laramie and have auto tilt on mine. Go through the settings menu on your radio touch screen and turn on the mirror tilt.

Last edited:
OP
OP

69MachCJ

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Thanks for getting back to me. I have checked the settings & the auto tilt feature is checked, so I think it should work. Possibly 2 things. 1) These are aftermarket replacement mirror assemblies so not sure if there is a difference 2) there is no middle button on the mirror switch control on the door panel. I think that is for the folding feature.
Thought I saw somewhere that you have to reset the function in the main computer, but I don't know how to do that.

wrench78

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Thanks for getting back to me. I have checked the settings & the auto tilt feature is checked, so I think it should work. Possibly 2 things. 1) These are aftermarket replacement mirror assemblies so not sure if there is a difference 2) there is no middle button on the mirror switch control on the door panel. I think that is for the folding feature.
Thought I saw somewhere that you have to reset the function in the main computer, but I don't know how to do that.
Ya, I think most aftermarket mirrors don't do the tilt. I replaced mine with the Boost Auto mirrors and they don't tilt. The center button is for the electric fold of the mirror.