Tire warranty?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Intense-Dakota

Landscape and Nature Photographer
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I am hoping @RamCares can answer this and has a number to call for Dodge if nobody else knows.

What is Dodge or RAMs warranty on OEM tires? It's not a RAM, but mt wifes 2022 Durango has a defective tire at 20K miles.

Nobody can balance it as it has 36 lbs of road force. The local dealer said they don't have a tire shop and wouldn't even talk to her even though that is where we bought the car new 2 years ago. They said to call two other nearby dealers. One had phone issues and the receptionist isn't local and could transfer the call and the other won't answer their phone after multiple calls. The multiple local worthless CDJR dealerships is the reason we may just leave Dodge after 25 years and over 20 cars purchased.

jawzs2

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2010, 2014
Engine
1500, 3500
Dodge, nor any other vehicle manufacturer, warranty the tires, they have a separate warranty provided by the tire manufacturer. There should have been paperwork included with the owners manual package.

soapy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 hemi
The tire manufacturer provides the warranty. If the tire is defective the warranty would be on a pro rats basis meaning you only get credit for the unused portion of the tire. At this point it will be close to a wash if you get any credit towards a new tire.

KKBB

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I am hoping @RamCares can answer this and has a number to call for Dodge if nobody else knows.

What is Dodge or RAMs warranty on OEM tires? It's not a RAM, but mt wifes 2022 Durango has a defective tire at 20K miles.

Nobody can balance it as it has 36 lbs of road force. The local dealer said they don't have a tire shop and wouldn't even talk to her even though that is where we bought the car new 2 years ago. They said to call two other nearby dealers. One had phone issues and the receptionist isn't local and could transfer the call and the other won't answer their phone after multiple calls. The multiple local worthless CDJR dealerships is the reason we may just leave Dodge after 25 years and over 20 cars purchased.
2 or 3 years old and 20k miles on the tires...I doubt the dealership will do anything. I'm sure nothing would happen that late in the game with the tire manufacturer either. It sucks, but it is what it is. If anything I would try the tire manufacturer and not the dealer.

OP
OP
Intense-Dakota

Intense-Dakota

Landscape and Nature Photographer
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Thanks. I will be trying to reach out to Bridgestone as the tires usually come with 5yr 70K miles warranty. I was just surprised the dealership basically said go pound sand and find someone else to deal with it.