TotalFlow mufflers, nice price or crack pipe?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

miguelito_az

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Classic Warlock
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Been shopping around for direct fit mufflers. Been debating between the B2 fabrications kit and flowmaster FX for a little more agressive tone and louder. But I stumbled upon these on amazon.

Already watched a few sound clips online, anyone here have one? How's the quality of the part? How's it sound from the interior while driving?

$125 with free shipping is a steal just as long as it isn't junk and the welds come apart in a few months compared to the other brands out there.

upload_2020-5-3_10-43-22.png

KnurledNut

SemperFi
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I tried the direct-fit Carven. Same clamp types. I never got a proper seal. Always small leaks around the clamps. Lesson learned for me. Weld only. It was only $70 to have it properly welded in place and aligned on stands.

OP
OP
miguelito_az

miguelito_az

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Classic Warlock
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I tried the direct-fit Carven. Same clamp types. I never got a proper seal. Always small leaks around the clamps. Lesson learned for me. Weld only. It was only $70 to have it properly welded in place and aligned on stands.

I don't care for the sound of the carven exhaust. Too loud for my liking.

hemihustlin

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
I have the center in center out 3" totalflow super 10 style 1 chamber aluminized and I love it. Got it at least 2 years ago on amazon on sale for like 35 $ canadian which is a steal cause the real super 10 is like ~110$ on amazon.

Welded it in and its been great no rattles and amazing sound. The aluminization is holding up well almost no rust yet. The red paint burned off the first drive lol.

The initial quality was on par to what I would have expected from a real flowmaster.

I found a badly focused pic from when i got it lol
20190208-121451.jpg

At first I had left the factory resonator at the rear of the exhaust and it was nice but very tame to my standards. Now I have it dumped after the axle and its really amazing, in my opinion. Makes all the right sounds to make me happy. Now people are breaking their necks to see what kind of crazy muscle car is coming haha!
So yeah drone is subjective. :dogpile: (Disclaimer I do have MDS turned off)

djarrett

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
My son and I have both been running the totalflow u have in your picture. He has the 14, and I have the 18. They have been on for around 6 months and lined up for install no problem. His 14 is louder, and the drone is very tolerable what time I road with him. I put the mufflex j pipe on at the same time i installed the muffler, so I can't say about drone with the 18. The 18 was $125, and my son paid $89, both thru Amazon. I felt like it was a fair price for what we received. I haven't been back under the truck, so I have no idea about corrosion, but it still sounds the same as when I put it on.

Walker345

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
It's not bad for the price. I paid like 100 on Amazon for the direct fit 14. To get most of the exhaust leaks to go away I had slide it everything further on to the oe exhaust, ultimately pulling the tips further under the bumper. One slightly more than the other. One day I'll probably get it welded on or just buy something that fits better for now it's fine. It bugs me but for the price I'm not mad at all. I expected it to break in and get louder that was 3 or 4 months ago still sounds the same. Sounds good, loud but not so much that I'm ******* off the neighbors. And before I was running a 12in glass pack dumped before the axle. That got old when your driving to work at 4am just wanting some peace and quiet. This is a delight to drive on the highway like a normal human being. Just turn off mds.

Walker345

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Corrosion seems like a non issue at 5 months. Ask me in a year lol

OP
OP
miguelito_az

miguelito_az

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Classic Warlock
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Pulled the trigger on the 18". I think that will be a good middle of the road choice. 14" has a bit more volume than I like but it has a good sound. Stock has a good rumble but is too quiet.

superram8

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi
I am running the 18", had it welded in. I like the tone and no noticeable drone. It is a little annoying when MDS kicks in

ToxicFire

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I am running the 18", had it welded in. I like the tone and no noticeable drone. It is a little annoying when MDS kicks in
im on highway most of my drives and mds always on or on off multiple times. Whats the sound with mds really bad?