Tpms odd issue

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

skirider

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
2011 ram 1500 sport

Now on my 3rd tpms sensor doing same thing on same tire. Original intermintent reads. Swapped to aftermarket same. Now to oem. Same. Moved tire to different location and issue follows tire. Highly unlikely i got 3 bad sensors doing same thing. What else could it be if its following tire?

Had it on driver front and now moved to driver pass. Same thing pictures show blank for some reason but jumps from a good read to 0 to random number low every couple miles

mtofell

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
Maybe swap the rim with the spare to rule that out? Not sure what that could be causing but at this point it's really hard to say.

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine
2011 ram 1500 sport

Now on my 3rd tpms sensor doing same thing on same tire. Original intermintent reads. Swapped to aftermarket same. Now to oem. Same. Moved tire to different location and issue follows tire. Highly unlikely i got 3 bad sensors doing same thing. What else could it be if its following tire?

Had it on driver front and now moved to driver pass. Same thing pictures show blank for some reason but jumps from a good read to 0 to random number low every couple miles
Do you have the right sensors,they changed Hertz ratings somewhere about 13.

OP
OP
S

skirider

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
How does truck know were each wheel is? Is there modules near each wheel?

Bigskyroadglide

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7, supercharged
There is a module, on the 2011, I believe it's in front of the drivers side front tire bolted to the frame. This reads the sensors. If the sensor is dropping out, and it follows the tire, then it can only be the sensor. I fought this issue with aftermarket wheels for over a year.

Regardless of how many you have bought. On the 11 model year it is very sensitive to the correct sensor. Aftermarket can cause lots of issues. I would purchase a mopar oem sensor that comes directly from mopar based on the sensor being identified by your VIN.

Benny @AllMoparParts.com can help you.

OP
OP
S

skirider

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Update fixed Even though it was saying one was bad. On a wim. I replaced all and now they work. Im wondering if the actual bad one was interfering with others somehow