TRUE Engine Run & Idle hours via Torque Pro and extended PIDs

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

WY-Dave

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 2500
Engine
6.7 CTD
First thing, I am not affiliated with the Torque Pro ap or the Google drive information. I have been running both for since the first month I got the truck back in 2018

As alot of others, my EVIC engine run & idle hours display loves to jump around. I found through the Torque Pro(TP) ($4.95) ap that you get these free extended PIDs and you can get the true readings at this google drive area. Download them as a .csv file and you can add them to the PRO version. https://drive.google.com/file/d/18CkJlaNAK3kr7jWknm3JzSOXp59bwoM4/view

Sorry about the cheesy screen shots
In the first 2 columns are the the settings when looking at them using the "edit PID" screen
Top of the last column is what is displayed on the screen when they are chosen,
Bottom of the last column is the name in the options list when choosing them
1717408289147.png

PA Ram

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
First thing, I am not affiliated with the Torque Pro ap or the Google drive information. I have been running both for since the first month I got the truck back in 2018

As alot of others, my EVIC engine run & idle hours display loves to jump around. I found through the Torque Pro(TP) ($4.95) ap that you get these free extended PIDs and you can get the true readings at this google drive area. Download them as a .csv file and you can add them to the PRO version. https://drive.google.com/file/d/18CkJlaNAK3kr7jWknm3JzSOXp59bwoM4/view

In the first 2 columns are the the settings when looking at them using the "edit PID" screen
View attachment 543966
I'll have to try this, mine reset before I swapped my evic to the 7 inch and think it may have reset after. I have the torque pro app already too

OP
OP
WY-Dave

WY-Dave

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 2500
Engine
6.7 CTD
I'll have to try this, mine reset before I swapped my evic to the 7 inch and think it may have reset after. I have the torque pro app already too
I have had mine reset 3 times in 5 days. Friggin nuts..

DAVsam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hi...new to obd readers.
Just purchased obdlink mx+ and subscribed to alfaobd.
I don't like obdlink dashboard gauge setup and don't have the skill set to make my my own gauge set .
Thinking of using Torque Pro as dashboard.
Any advice?

04fxdwgi

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 1500 Sport
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Torque Pro on an android table works well as a display with the MX+. Be aware that leaving the MX+ plugged into the OBD port all the time "can" drain the battery if not running for an extended period.

crash68

ACME product engineer
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 EcoDiesel
Torque Pro on an android table works well as a display with the MX+. Be aware that leaving the MX+ plugged into the OBD port all the time "can" drain the battery if not running for an extended period.
The OBDLink MX+ will put itself to sleep when the vehicle isn't running. I leave mine plugged in all the time, have so for several years now.

One issue that can happen with leaving an app like Torque running reading the OBD buss is you can sometimes get comm faults that will turn on the CEL. They're usually just loss of comm error that go away if you unplug the module and restart the truck but others you need to clear.

PA Ram

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
The OBDLink MX+ will put itself to sleep when the vehicle isn't running. I leave mine plugged in all the time, have so for several years now.

One issue that can happen with leaving an app like Torque running reading the OBD buss is you can sometimes get comm faults that will turn on the CEL. They're usually just loss of comm error that go away if you unplug the module and restart the truck but others you need to clear.
Agree , mine stays plugged in and it goes to sleep after like 15 minutes.

04fxdwgi

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 1500 Sport
Engine
5.7 Hemi

I stand corrected.

PA Ram

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7

View attachment 543966
So how exactly do I do this? I created custom pids for eng run and idle. Now what? Not real familiar with torque pro app

mrack

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Just out of curiosity, how does that compare to the idle and run time numbers in the cluster?

OP
OP
WY-Dave

WY-Dave

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 2500
Engine
6.7 CTD
So how exactly do I do this? I created custom pids for eng run and idle. Now what? Not real familiar with torque pro app
go to main "splash" scree and hit the gear(bl), "Manage extra PIDs/Sensors" 3 dots(tr), "add custom PID" or "import CSV file"
1723087257432.png

PA Ram

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
IDK what I could be doing wrong, but added the custom Pids and added a display to be able to view them,but says no data. I rechecked all the information entered and it looks 100% correct. 1000002166.jpg1000002165.jpg

OP
OP
WY-Dave

WY-Dave

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 2500
Engine
6.7 CTD

PA Ram

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
OP
OP
WY-Dave

WY-Dave

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 2500
Engine
6.7 CTD
This isn't a diesel specific is it?
should not be CTD only, try the the google file download and get then all.
here is the bottom part of the Idle and the same for the run hrs
Screenshot_20240808_175803_Torque[1].jpg