Uconnect screen delamination issues

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

18harvest

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
They will have slo1(2) or slo(3). For the non delaminating ones.a couple of th 02s I got had super glossy screens not mate like oem.so shiny there was a glare issiue.the more expensive 300 dollar 03 I got was like factory.so I don't know if it was a issiue with all 02s or not.

SitKneelBend

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
Ok thank you for the info. Good to know
Those are for 5tg Gen Rams. You have a 4th Gen right? The eBay cost is around $200 and that is a great price. At the peak of delamination issues they were$600+...Make sure you look for an SL03 part.

Rayzaa

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
They will have slo1(2) or slo(3). For the non delaminating ones.a couple of th 02s I got had super glossy screens not mate like oem.so shiny there was a glare issiue.the more expensive 300 dollar 03 I got was like factory.so I don't know if it was a issiue with all 02s or not.
Yes the SL02 is more glassy, not matte but I like that as it is clearer. And my matte screen left finger imprints on it after many touches like the film was wearing off so there were worn off round dots lol.
My new one also loads much faster than the original.

Ollie2023

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Those are for 5tg Gen Rams. You have a 4th Gen right? The eBay cost is around $200 and that is a great price. At the peak of delamination issues they were$600+...Make sure you look for an SL03 part.
I have a 5th gen

Ollie2023

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Yes the SL02 is more glassy, not matte but I like that as it is clearer. And my matte screen left finger imprints on it after many touches like the film was wearing off so there were worn off round dots lol.
My 19’ 5th gen factory screen is definitely glassy not matte, I like it so I want to stay with the same look as my factory screen

SitKneelBend

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
I have a 5th gen
I had no idea the 5th gens had delamination issues as well. Can you take a picture and post it? The SL01/2/3 screen replacement will not work on 5th gens, but the site you posted is selling 5th Gen screens.

John Sabatula

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
I pm'd ramcares to see if they can help my dad with his ghost touching delaminating screen.

PaleFlyer

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
That isn't related to the screen, unless you replaced the whole radio. The SL02/03 part is just the actual literal display. The only thing that "could" cause the head unit to "boot faster" after a replacement might be the loss of the phantom presses during boot, or just the fact that the head unit ACTUALLY shut down for a bit, instead of just being asleep. (It seems counter intuitive, but that actually DOES help sometimes with computer systems.)

I skipped SL02 and went from SL01 to SL03. I did the "fix" on the SL01, and rode with it being "foggy" for like 6-9 months, so swapping to the "correct" SL03 from the "cleaned" SL01, the 03 is glossy AF. I don't remember the 01 being glossy, but I am not sure, because I don't really remember the 01 (even though I drove for like 4 years, but a concerning amount of that was while it was slowly melting.)

PaleFlyer

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Well I assume it’s delamination. Upper left, it started much smaller and is getting worse by the day View attachment 527313
That's delam. 100%. Only fix is replacement. There is a "hack" to "clean" the goop, but as a professional electronics repair tech, it sucked, and the LCD behind the goop failed on me ~3 months after the repair (did the repair in May before driving to the beach, and in like August which is insanely hot in the Carolinas, the LCD picked up a dead column right where google maps puts important information...)

SitKneelBend

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
That isn't related to the screen, unless you replaced the whole radio. The SL02/03 part is just the actual literal display. The only thing that "could" cause the head unit to "boot faster" after a replacement might be the loss of the phantom presses during boot, or just the fact that the head unit ACTUALLY shut down for a bit, instead of just being asleep. (It seems counter intuitive, but that actually DOES help sometimes with computer systems.)

I skipped SL02 and went from SL01 to SL03. I did the "fix" on the SL01, and rode with it being "foggy" for like 6-9 months, so swapping to the "correct" SL03 from the "cleaned" SL01, the 03 is glossy AF. I don't remember the 01 being glossy, but I am not sure, because I don't really remember the 01 (even though I drove for like 4 years, but a concerning amount of that was while it was slowly melting.)
This is hands down the best matte screen protector EVER...

2X BROTECT Matte Screen Protector for Uconnect 8.4 (Ram 1500/2500 / 3500 / Chassis Cab), Matte, Anti-Glare, Anti-Scratch https://a.co/d/be9cdup

Whatever it's made of, oil from skin would rather stick to your hand than the screen. One caveat, it's easier to put it on with the climate bezel removed as the Ram bezel apparently covers a little bit more of the screen then other 8.4s. I haven't ever had to clean it in 3 years of use and it still looks new. Just added the 10.1 version to my wife's Pacifica too...

OP
OP
426power

426power

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Well, found an LG 2 updated screen on E-Bay for $235 shipped. I installed it today and wow what a difference, no thanks to Ram Doesnt Care!!!