Uconnect software update

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

gregshin

Reaction score
Ram Year
NA
Engine
NA
So i updated my uconnect to the latest version...but i couldn't really find a list of what it changed on the new 15.17.5 version

does anyone have a list?

WadXpress

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI
Security,better fm reception, and smoother interface use. Not alot much that's noticeable

Flip-er

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 Big Horn 4x4
Engine
5.7 Hemi
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
what they asked?
how do you update it yourself?

SlowRoller

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
what they asked?
how do you update it yourself?

More info here:

http://www.ramforum.com/f51/uconnect_has_been_hacked-70871/

I did mine last night/this AM.

Basically,,,,,,

Go to website, http://api.viglink.com/api/click?fo...oftware Update - Update your Uconnect® System

enter VIN, download file.

After downloading, Extract (decompress) file / place it on a USB drive.

I heard you could insert USB then start truck. I didn't seem to get much of a response that way, so, while running, I removed/reinserted the USB drive. Instruction screen came on,,, it then updated as I was driving to work,,,

Last edited:

xrsman

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 Ecodiesel
Yeah this update was mostly security I think. They were working with some hackers to improve security. The hackers literally took complete control of a jeep remotely while their test pilot was driving. Gas, brake, steering, music, wipers, everything! Scary stuff

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk

FuzzyOne

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Just did mine... I like being able to do it myself.

AzRamLover

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Yeah, takes about 15 minutes.

Thanks for the link.

Hopefully the software is trustworthy but in the long run, still gonna disable the modem. :)

posttal

Reaction score
Ram Year
2011 and 2013 Laramie
Engine
hemi 5.7
Question..I just bought my 2011 and check the Uconnect page and it says my truck is up to dat....does that update also bring the GPS up to date also with the latest Garmin update included in it...or is the Navigation update separate ? And if so is there a dodge site to check for an upgrade or just a garmin site ?

RamOR

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
EcoDiesel
Just did my update from the website linked above. Followed all the instructions and it worked perfectly. Glad to know no one will be hacking my truck anytime soon.

EagleChief

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Big Horn
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I watched the report on about this on last night's news. Pretty crazy that someone on a laptop could control a car like that. It was a group from Wired Magazine that figured out how to do it, the report said.

Guess I need to update mine, now. Just bought a '13 Durango last night... going to have to update that one, too.

OP
OP
G

gregshin

Reaction score
Ram Year
NA
Engine
NA
Question..I just bought my 2011 and check the Uconnect page and it says my truck is up to dat....does that update also bring the GPS up to date also with the latest Garmin update included in it...or is the Navigation update separate ? And if so is there a dodge site to check for an upgrade or just a garmin site ?

try this

Chrysler Group | Home | HERE

MR.Hemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I also have a 2011 dodge ram 1500 with uconnect when I try to stream music it sounds like a CD skipping i,checked the site and it said I was up-to-date how do I fix this problem. When we make phone calls with it it sounds fine the problem is when I try to stream pandora. I use my blue tooth in my car to stream pandora and it's clear so it's not,my phone

posttal

Reaction score
Ram Year
2011 and 2013 Laramie
Engine
hemi 5.7
I stream from I-heart all the time...haven't tried Pandora...I also stream music from my phone fine although storing it on the hard drive works better...no start up lag.. I wonder if its not the Bluetooth on your phone. I use Bluetooth all the time and when wearing headphone I can turn my head a certain degree and the Bluetooth cuts in and out..try moving your phone to another location...and sometimes too close is worse than too far..

jadocs

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine

Map updates are separate and cost money. Uconnect software updates are free.

Upthewazzu

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
1500, Hemi 5.7, 3.21
I also have a 2011 dodge ram 1500 with uconnect when I try to stream music it sounds like a CD skipping i,checked the site and it said I was up-to-date how do I fix this problem. When we make phone calls with it it sounds fine the problem is when I try to stream pandora. I use my blue tooth in my car to stream pandora and it's clear so it's not,my phone

I'm pretty sure 2011 predates UConnect.

MR.Hemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Uconnect®| Systems | 2011 Ram 1500 130S/RES if you would like to,check it out I really want to get this skipping problem fixed it's making me crazy, I tried to move the phone all around the truck and same thing no change sounds like a CD skipping the whole darn time

posttal

Reaction score
Ram Year
2011 and 2013 Laramie
Engine
hemi 5.7
2011 has Uconnect ... according to the application listings on the Uconnect site 2011 was the first year. My radio starts up with the Uconnect splash screen......Below is the system I have in my 2011 Ram Laramie...

Attachments

• ucon.jpg
    ucon.jpg
    95.7 KB · Views: 94

ptesmoke

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
2011 has Uconnect ... according to the application listings on the Uconnect site 2011 was the first year. My radio starts up with the Uconnect splash screen......Below is the system I have in my 2011 Ram Laramie...

yup 2011 was the first year for uconnect, in the cars, it was the 8.4 screens, the trucks had what was called mygig uconnect. it was made primarily by garmin, and had a built in hard drive in the dash. once they switched to the 8.4 in 2013 they dropped the hard drive.

with the mygig system it is possible to update the maps for free by yourself a si used to do i ton my 2012 PW, but there is sparse information and i no longer have any of it book marked.

the new 8.4an system though i have not seen a way to update your maps for free, solely a dealer paid update.