Upgrading rearview mirror

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

My0wnwstenemy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 v6
Hey guys... new member, first post. I got a great deal on my 15 express just as the market was turning and it ended up being an even trade with my colorado for it... however the original owner ordered it with 0 real options. That being said I've already upgraded the base model non blue tooth radio to the 5 inch, now I need to add the mirror with the microphones in it so I can legit use it for other than music. Does anyone know the part # for the wire harness? I also wanna install the roof console but thats down the line.

SitKneelBend

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
Hey guys... new member, first post. I got a great deal on my 15 express just as the market was turning and it ended up being an even trade with my colorado for it... however the original owner ordered it with 0 real options. That being said I've already upgraded the base model non blue tooth radio to the 5 inch, now I need to add the mirror with the microphones in it so I can legit use it for other than music. Does anyone know the part # for the wire harness? I also wanna install the roof console but thats down the line.
Contact forum member and vendor @Mpgrimm2. He can get you all the part numbers and wiring information you will need to complete this mod (and all of the follow on ones this path will lead you down!)...

CustomExpress

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Check out post 2, it has part numbers for the wiring and mirrors.

GTyankee

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 ecodiesel
I believe there is a better way

IF, your 5" radio has a microphone port
Run a wire from the radio to the drivers side "A" pillar & place a microphone in the pillars close off panel, close to the windshield, above where the panels screw sits.

The reason that i suggest this is the microphone that is within the rear view mirror almost requires you to close your windows & turn off your climate control fan, so that others can hear you speaking
There is a note in your owners manual that suggests closing the windows & turning off the fan

The microphone in the rear view mirror picks up the fan noise & any cross wind when the window is cracked open

Some ppl choose to place the microphone in the overhead console forward of your face a bit.
Just drop the overhead console
drill a hole through the console itself without penetrating the overhead roof liner, if there is foam on the back of the roof liner, carefully remove the foam
fit in a microphone & run the wire down to the radio

I know you can do it, i have the 2" speaker mounted in my overhead console, it is mounted where the console curves up to height of the roof line, below is a image, look for a small dark circle where the console is removed but the roof liner is intact

1630708684983.png