USB Port Issue

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JERBEAR850

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
V6 3.6L
I need some help with this one. Checked my fuses for starters everything looked right. Tried popping the usb port out with a flat head and for some reason I can’t get it far enough out to unplug the dang thing. While I was messing with it ironically I still had my charger plugged into it with my phone and it briefly started working. I’m assuming there is either a short or something internal within the usb causing the issue. How do I get the dang thing out and unplugged?IMG_3895.jpeg

SitKneelBend

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
I need some help with this one. Checked my fuses for starters everything looked right. Tried popping the usb port out with a flat head and for some reason I can’t get it far enough out to unplug the dang thing. While I was messing with it ironically I still had my charger plugged into it with my phone and it briefly started working. I’m assuming there is either a short or something internal within the usb causing the issue. How do I get the dang thing out and unplugged?View attachment 549048
If that's the one on the dash I found it's easier to push out than pop out. There's also very little slack on the harness so you'll want the Center dash out to work on it anyway

OP
OP
JERBEAR850

JERBEAR850

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
V6 3.6L
If that's the one on the dash I found it's easier to push out than pop out. There's also very little slack on the harness so you'll want the Center dash out to work on it anyway
It is the one on the dash. Is it common for these to stop working? If so, what’s the cause?

SitKneelBend

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
It is the one on the dash. Is it common for these to stop working? If so, what’s the cause?
I haven't seen it before, but you can replace them for relatively little money. Probably even upgrade it if you want to one with 2 ports.