Warranty!!!!!! Possible cam failure.

Warranty

• Total voters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Dak99

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Help!!!!!!

I have a 2016 Ram 1500 with 74,856 km on the odometer and still under warranty until June 2021.

I took my truck into the dealership this weekend with the complaint of a slight engine knock. Now they are claiming that I need a new engine....Problem is I bought the 1.5 years ago and I have now only put 14k on it. I am a licensed mechanic and did the last 2 previous oil changes on it, but cannot find the receipts for the oil and filter.

The dealership my truck is at is saying I need the previous 5 oil change invoices and proof of the oil changes; even though I bought the truck certified second hand from another dealership and like I have previously stated have put 14,000 kilometres on it. Obviously not enough time nor mileage to rack up 5 oil changes worth of invoices or receipts. Is there anything I can do? Please help lol.

OP
OP
Dak99

Dak99

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
That I have powertrain warranty until June 2021. They are claiming I need an engine, but won’t go any further until I can provide proof of receipts. I literally can’t provide 3/5 receipts due to not owning the truck. Why is that my problem? I bought it certified from another dodge dealership

Docwagon1776

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2012, 2021
Engine
5.7, 6.4
I get that, but I mean what does your contract say about documentation requirements? Maintenance requirements? More specifically, what does your contract say? Does it say you must do "X" to keep the warranty in place?

FriedDumpling

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
They certified the vehicle prior to your ownership. The oil can be independently tested to prove that it has maintained its integrity.

I would contact FCA directly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Daw14

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
What is covered is written in the contract, if the dealer can find a way to wiggle out of their end they will. Be careful they will look you in the eyes and tell you ********,while smiling and saying how they value customers like you. Never trust a dealer. They will rip you off if given a chance,verify your warranty your self do not take their word as it is not worth a thing.

Docwagon1776

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2012, 2021
Engine
5.7, 6.4
They certified the vehicle prior to your ownership. The oil can be independently tested to prove that it has maintained its integrity.

I would contact FCA directly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

"Certified" doesn't always indicate FCA involvement. Many dealers sell "certified" used vehicles as a marketing tool where they or a supposedly independent 3rd party has inspected it, found it to meet whatever criteria they are using, and then put a warranty on it for a set time. My Camaro was "certified" and wasn't even on a Chevy lot.

Which is why I asked what the contract says. Without knowing the specifics, any advise is just a shot in the dark.

Big Daddy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Check the Car Fax. You might get lucky if the previous owner took it to the dealership for servicing. And, you may be able to get copies of the receipts from the auto part store you bought the supplies from.