Weird dinging with right turn signal

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

therigwelder

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
When using my right turn signal during the daylight it works as it should however once I turn my headlights on and use the right turn signal it operates fine except a dinging like door ajar happens simultaneously while blinking.very weird anyone ever had this happen? 03 ram

Oliver Closehauf

Reaction score
Ram Year
2005 Laramie
Engine
Cummins 5.9
No, but I did mistakenly connect my driver seat belt to the center passenger buckle once and it took me 5 minutes and two stops to figure out what was going on. Got out twice looked around, checked doors. Felt stupid and relieved once I realized what was happening.

Sounds like you have a ground issue. I have a similarly weird thing that happens to my exhaust temp reading when I push on the brake pedal, but only when the lights are on. When I push on the brakes, the reading drops way down.
My guess is you possibly have a bad diode somewhere or a bad ground that's letting current backflow from one of your turn signals or the signal module through the module that controls that chime. You have to find the module first, then start tracing the wiring.

HemiLonestar

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
More than likely the taillight circuit board....the next biggest headache on my old 03 after the **** trans. It would ding even with good lamps in it. After a few circuit board changes I went with plug & play LED's and never had that problem again.