What did you do with your 4th Gen this week?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Warlock2024

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
V6
Yesterday I switched out the center caps, from the ram head to these.

Attachments

• center caps.jpg
    center caps.jpg
    104.9 KB · Views: 2

PA Ram

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Bought a new gas cap, LOL getting p0452 occasionally and now gas cap warning. Cheap fix if that's all it is. Working 3am to 3pm so no time to troubleshoot for another week or so. If that doesn't work I'll check hoses and wiring. Usually came on after fill up and I reset the cel and didn't come back until next fill up. Putting the new cap on today after work.

jawzs2

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2010, 2014
Engine
1500, 3500
Felt a misfire driving my 2010 the other day, after a minute or so the CEL popped on and it was idling rough. Scanned and got a P0308 code and I let out a big sigh. Figured I'd try plugs first, wouldn't hurt and it was almost due again anyways, checked the connections, wiring and springs on the coils and all looked good. Swapped #8 coil with #2 going back together and took it for a little drive. Still rough idle but no CEL in the short time I drove it. Scanned again and mode 6 showed #2 now misfiring, #8 was fine. Popped on a new coil on #2 and voila!, so far so good, no misfire count on any cylinders. Going to have a beer or two or six and thank the good Lord above I don't have to do cam or lifters, (yet).

PA Ram

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
So gas cap didn't fix the problem, I ordered a new ESIM and it came today so I pulled the old one off and am sure that was the problem. It rattles like a can full of rocks. New one doesn't make any noise when shaking. I reset the CEL and the gas cap loose warning. I am guessing it won't come back. New cap does fit much better than the original, nice and tight. To reset gas cap loose warning if you turn the key to run,but don't start and press gas pedal 3 times quickly and then start the engine it resets the light. Learned something new

Edit:
Problem is fixed, it was most definitely the ESIM as I thought. BTW I used a Dorman replacement part which was like $25 on Amazon since it was recommended by others and had gray reviews. It fit perfect and looks identical to the original, except this one works. I wasn't going to keep throwing parts at it,but figured for the $12 or so I paid for a cap and $25 for this part it was with a shot. The cap is not OEM,but fits better then my OEM cap. If anyone wants to know which one I got I can post a link. I know most prefer OEM, I can care less unless it doesn't work.

Last edited:

PA Ram

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
So gas cap didn't fix the problem, I ordered a new ESIM and it came today so I pulled the old one off and am sure that was the problem. It rattles like a can full of rocks. New one doesn't make any noise when shaking. I reset the CEL and the gas cap loose warning. I am guessing it won't come back. New cap does fit much better than the original, nice and tight. To reset gas cap loose warning if you turn the key to run,but don't start and press gas pedal 3 times quickly and then start the engine it resets the light. Learned something new
BTW, alfaobd did not pick up the CEL codes. Had light on my dash and had OBD2 plugged in and it kept telling me there were no codes. I have a corded actual reader from previous vehicle and it found and cleared p0452 and then p0456 codes. Neither showed on alfaobd scan. Not sure if this is normal or not. Anyone else have alfaobd not read codes?

Black-Wolf

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I initially installed, tested, and then removed an Infinity Primus PR-503 in the front left door. It isn't a very good speaker for that position IMHO, so instead I installed a pair of Infinity Reference REF-697F speakers in the front doors to replace a pair of Pioneer TS-G690s (one which had blown on the low end). Left the Pioneers in the back doors alone for now. Might replace them with something from Infiinity later - haven't decided yet. Sounds louder than it did with the Pioneers and definitely got some more bass out of it. Attached is my current setup.

Attachments

• System setup.png
    System setup.png
    310.8 KB · Views: 6

Chris M

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 sport
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Added Morimoto mirror lights

Attachments

• IMG_3347.jpeg
    IMG_3347.jpeg
    121.5 KB · Views: 7
  • IMG_3355.jpeg
    IMG_3355.jpeg
    83.2 KB · Views: 7
  • IMG_3349.jpeg
    IMG_3349.jpeg
    114.1 KB · Views: 7
  • IMG_3351.jpeg
    IMG_3351.jpeg
    118.4 KB · Views: 7

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine
I put in a Veraram as well as a ported throttlebody.
View attachment 542404
View attachment 542405
Did you port match the intake to the ported throttle body,if not,it's wise to pull it off and spend a few minutes port matching the mouth of the manifold to the throttle body.
If you need ideas,about the 4:20 minute mark he shows how to port the intake mouth.

marine0311

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Did you port match the intake to the ported throttle body,if not,it's wise to pull it off and spend a few minutes port matching the mouth of the manifold to the throttle body.
If you need ideas,about the 4:20 minute mark he shows how to port the intake mouth.

Thank you for sharing the link. It only took a few minutes to do. The little details add up here and there.
This is one of many reasons I enjoy being here

PA Ram

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Not something I did, but wondering if anyone has had their oil change monitor reset on its own? Noticed it said I was at 100% when I was at 50 something. I have to go through too many screens to inadvertently reset it.

Glen OS

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Thought I needed a rear air spring. Suspension would sink if parked overnight. Then System would not raise or do anything.
Bought a TopDon TopScan from Amazon. This with the app added to the phone, the truck has codes in every system with about 6 alone in Suspension. I cleared all the codes. The Suspension is working perfect now, stays at height. $80 investment in the scanner. Saw this on Autotech Mike and Rob the mechanic on youtube.

NETim

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L
Changed the oil, made a mess. Installed a Royal Purple 20-820 for the first time. I think it yielded another 1, maybe 2 psi oil pressure increase. Certainly didn't lose any ground anyway.

Stefan N

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Sport
Engine
Changed some "drapes" in the rear, still getting in water, so will look at brake light next

Driving a round without back seat and carpet is loud af :O

and need to mount back some weather strip seals between cab and bed (55397600AC) seems to windy back there in the rear without them (flapping like crazy)

1715277625127.png