WIN module trouble.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ron Seniuk

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
2017 Ram 1500 Quad Cab 5.7l Outdoorsman. I have the key style push start, but for the past few months it won't recognize that the key is in and turned, won't start like that. However I use the command start truck starts fine, most time I can then put the key in the ignition wait for a few seconds turn it to run press the break and it's will be fine and continue to run. The odd time it doesn't it will kill the engine but a few more seconds later it recognizes the key and allows me to turn it to start. Fak I hate electrical gremlins.

I've seen videos where someone revolves the WIN module from the dask, opens it and using contact cleaner it solves the issue. I've also been toying with the idea of converting it to an actual push button, but I know it involves changing the rf transmitter behind the back seat and installing an antenna under the dash. Not sure pricing involved here in Canada.

Has anyone tried the above repair, and has anyone made the swap, what kinda costs are involved?

Burla

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Hemi Reg Cab 4x4
Engine
Hemi
Yup eventually the gum up especially in places that are cold. Just fyi you can set up a bypass to the cig lighter relay that only comes on with key.

ric221

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
2017 Ram 1500 Quad Cab 5.7l Outdoorsman. I have the key style push start, but for the past few months it won't recognize that the key is in and turned, won't start like that.

Has anyone tried the above repair, and has anyone made the swap, what kinda costs are involved?

I converted my 2016 to Push to Start from the keyed start. Cost with the new rf module and antenna and push button was about 225.00 us. You also will need to enable push button option on your trucks computer. In addition you will need a new wire harness for the new antenna you have to add. Install is straight forward, hardest part for me was removing the rear seat to access the rf module on the rear wall. If you opt to go this route I have a wire harness on hand.