2010 WIN Module in a 2011?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

aszumilo

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
So, my WIN module took a crap in a big way. Where the key inserts broke and key won't stay in and now this morning I get nothing excpet "damaged key" and nothing else. No lights, fob won't lock/unlock door, nothing. I took it apart and see some burn marks on the circuit board. Odd thing is I can retrieve the PIN, but anything else I try to do doesn't seem to work.

I have a new WIN module on the way, but, not sure where to go in Alpha ODB to program it. I'm using the Windows version on my laptop and all I see seems to be the smart phone versions. Don't want to make matters worse by messing with stuff I shouldn't be messing with.

Last edited:
OP
OP
aszumilo

aszumilo

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
So I ordered the Dorman 601-082 off Amazon. Got a Genuine Chrysler WIN module instead. Part # 68210151ab. It is the one for the remote start, as it has the antenna connector on it. Interchange shows it is for 2008-2010. Can I use it on my 2011? Or do I need to send it back and get another one?

Really don't feel like being without my truck any longer.

OP
OP
aszumilo

aszumilo

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
OK, so, I decide to try it anyway, Plugged it in, programmed it with AlphaOBD, then reprogrammed the key fobs. Works like a champ!

OP
OP
aszumilo

aszumilo

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Only thing I noticed is the range on my remote lock/unlock seems to be shorter than it was.