2000 2500 V10 Leveling/Front end lift

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Liam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
V10
Hi I'm new to the forum. I know that a LOT of people have already posted threads on leveling their trucks over and over again. I apologize if I am being redundant.

For reference, I've got a 2000 2500 v10 5spd manual on stock suspension with 35s. I bought supercoils https://www.etrailer.com/p-SSC-22.html?hhyear=2012&hhmake=Ram&hhmodel=2500 which should lift the front end up about 2/2.5 inches. As of now my front end sits about 2.75/3 inches lower than the rear. I also bought the adjustable bilstein 5100 shocks all the way around. My end goal was just to replace the aging shocks and coil springs while also getting some more lift in the front at the same time but not necessarily leveling the truck.

Before I put everything on I wanted to see what y'all opinions were on getting additional parts such as an adjustable track bar, control arms, etc. From older threads some people are saying they would be good but not necessary and then other people seem to be saying they are definitely necessary. Which is it? Again going up max 2.5 inches in the front and keeping the rear as is.

MADDOG

Out Exploring Arizona
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
I know from first hand experience that the Gen 2 trackbars are weak and an upgrade makes a huge differenct.

While inspecting your front suspension look for any worn bushings and links. Replacing them is necessary. You really don't need new control arms unless they are damaged.

OP
OP
L

Liam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
V10
Sweet thanks for the tip. Any suggestions on a good adjustable track bar?

Nickx86

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Thuren or Carli adjustable swap bar are top notch. Double check ball joints, tie rods, drag links, etc. Control arms, they might need new bushings. All of those inspected or replace should make your truck drive like new up front