Death wobble/leveling/new shocks/track bar offset/tire pressure

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rzr6-4

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Between a few questions that I’ve had and helping some other people with their questions, I figured I would do a write up on what I did on my front end this last weekend and kind of compile everything:

09 2500 (3rd gen) with a hemi, I had instances of death wobble a while ago but it had been pretty rare, up until very recently. The last few times I had taken it out it happened at least twice each time, it was getting to where it was pretty much on drivable on pavement above 40 miles an hour because it was just a matter of time. My shocks were also just a suggestion, anytime I went over railroad tracks or washboard roads it would just rattle you as the pick up slowly floated across the road. And as far as aesthetics, when I went from 33s to 35s I didn’t like how small the gap was between the top of the front tire and the fender, so I figured that while I was under there I was going to regret it if I didn’t level it as well.

Got some Eiback leveling springs and shocks from Nick @ Got Exhaust (best price I could find as well), installation was pretty straightforward and just those things I would say it took a few hours. I knew my tires were a little low and sure enough they were at 25psi, so I filled them all up to 33psi where they should be and rotated them front to rear. Just from getting the pressure back to where it supposed to be, the wheels turn noticeably easier when you are sitting still, it was getting to where I had to fight it to turn when I was in a parking lot and didn’t realize the low pressures were screwing me.

So at this point I’ve done shocks/springs, rotated and aired up tires, took it out for a test drive and immediately had the worst case of death wobble ever. Took it back to the shop and everything felt tight, except for my steering box which I knew the worm gear needed adjusted anyway. Crawled underneath not really knowing what I was doing and about 10 minutes later I had it set, was much easier than expected. Took it out for a test drive again and been driving it the past couple days and it’s been good ever since.

The shocks have definitely helped with the bumps, it looks better with the leveling springs, and tightening up the worm gear is what fixed the death wobble.

Side note, I didn’t really want to spend the 200 or whatever it is on a longer track bar so I just decided to see how it would look with the stock length. With the lift, the front is shifted over about a half inch off center line so one tire is a half inch past the flares and the other is a half inch inside, so an inch difference when you compare the two. With the wheels turned it’s hard to tell and even straight I only really saw it because I was looking for it so maybe someday I will get a correct length one but that day is not today.

I just figured I would throw this out there and let you know what my results were.