2016 Challenger radio to 2013 2500

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

WhitecatSRT

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
Alright, I have an interesting one for y’all and I’d love any help I can get.

My dad has a 2013 ram 2500 longhorn and I have a 2016 challenger hellcat. His 8.4 radio has recently been randomly going black or turning white then resetting. About a year ago I upgraded to a CarPlay Uconnect in my hellcat so we tried swapping my old 2016 8.4 Harmon Kardon radio into his ram tonight which I believe are the same exact radio but it wouldn’t power on. I know for sure the radio works perfectly but it’s not getting power even though all the connectors are identical. Put his radio back in and it turned on like normal.

Is there a difference in the connector layouts from the RA3 in the challengers and the rams?

Any info would be greatly appreciated!

SitKneelBend

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
Alright, I have an interesting one for y’all and I’d love any help I can get.

My dad has a 2013 ram 2500 longhorn and I have a 2016 challenger hellcat. His 8.4 radio has recently been randomly going black or turning white then resetting. About a year ago I upgraded to a CarPlay Uconnect in my hellcat so we tried swapping my old 2016 8.4 Harmon Kardon radio into his ram tonight which I believe are the same exact radio but it wouldn’t power on. I know for sure the radio works perfectly but it’s not getting power even though all the connectors are identical. Put his radio back in and it turned on like normal.

Is there a difference in the connector layouts from the RA3 in the challengers and the rams?

Any info would be greatly appreciated!
I don't believe the wiring is different but this site will tell you. Search for each vehicle and filter on "Radio C1"