3rd gen topper on 4th gen?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

thrashie

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 2500 Laramie
Engine
6.7l cummins turbo diesel
has anyone tried?

my tonneau fit without issues....but I want to move to a topper.

looking at an awesome deal on a leer 100xq but want to know if it will fit before I take a long drive to go get it.

DannyMK2

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Power Wagon
Engine
6.4 Hemi
i dont think it will. for one with the curve of the tailgate, i dont see the back glass being able to close. second, third gen rear windows bowed out a bit while the 4th gen is relatively flat. this probably wont be an issue with the topper mounting up but i think it would look off.

i can tell you for sure that a fiberglass tonneau from a third gen will not work on a 4th gen.

MoparMulisha

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
has anyone tried?

my tonneau fit without issues....but I want to move to a topper.

looking at an awesome deal on a leer 100xq but want to know if it will fit before I take a long drive to go get it.

i dont think it will. for one with the curve of the tailgate, i dont see the back glass being able to close. second, third gen rear windows bowed out a bit while the 4th gen is relatively flat. this probably wont be an issue with the topper mounting up but i think it would look off.

i can tell you for sure that a fiberglass tonneau from a third gen will not work on a 4th gen.

Two different styles?

I'd say the big thing would be up against the cab, across the tailgate and around the corners above the tail lights.

There's some pictures and stuff here:
http://www.ramforum.com/f41/camper_shell_4th_gen-11016/index10.html