5.9 sensors

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

94ram1500

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I cant seem to find a complete list, does anyone have a list of ALL the engine, intake, vacuum, and exhaust sensors that are factory installed on a 94 ram 1500 5.9 engine? I'm going through the truck and getting it as close to brand new engine and electrical system wise as possible.

Yeret

The Village Drunk
Reaction score
Under the hood fixing/breaking something.
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 Magnum
Some that come to the top of my head...

- Manifold Absolute Pressure (MAP) sensor

- Throttle Position Sensor (TPS)

- Idle Air Control (IAC) valve (these commonly get dirty with age and can cause issues with idle quality)

- Oxygen (O2) sensor (I know later years have 2 of these, one upstream, one downstream, but some earlier years may only have the upstream?)

- Air Intake Temperature (IAT) sensor

- Engine coolant temperature sensor

- EGR valve (not a sensor, and not sure if it applies to yours, I know later years don't use one, but a common trouble spot for anything that uses them due to the nature of the part)

- Positive Crankcase Ventilation (PCV) valve (also not a sensor, but it lets the inside of the engine "breathe," which reduces pressure on the manifold/valve cover gaskets)

Maybe a couple others I can't recount at the moment, but nothing else that should effect the ability of the engine to run as well as it can (barring mechanical issues).

Other relatable parts are a good quality distributor cap/rotor (preferably with brass contacts) and copper or nickel/copper spark plugs. Stay away from precious metal spark plugs like platinum and especially iridium; they don't work well in our applications, and there are no shortage of people who have found this the hard way. I personally use NGK BKR6E plugs, have used 'em for years and have had no problemo (just have to open the gap to .040" before installing them).