6.4 Replacement Fuel Tank

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Gondul

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4

DickLowman

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 hemi
Large replacement would be good, but when looking at their website I'm directed to transfer tanks for the 2500. They are asking $1700 for a 40-50 transfers. When I bought our truck, I was unable to find any oversized replacement tank, so I opted for a transfer tank from another vendor. Our transfer is 46 gallons, plumbed in so we can refuel while driving. Total cost with pump and installation was about $1000.

OP
OP
Gondul

Gondul

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
Large replacement would be good, but when looking at their website I'm directed to transfer tanks for the 2500. They are asking $1700 for a 40-50 transfers. When I bought our truck, I was unable to find any oversized replacement tank, so I opted for a transfer tank from another vendor. Our transfer is 46 gallons, plumbed in so we can refuel while driving. Total cost with pump and installation was about $1000.

Did you read the email I posted?
This is a product they are going to start working on.
Many of us don't want an in-bed tank... but thanks.

OP
OP
Gondul

Gondul

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
Would be nice to have a larger tank. I'm assuming this is for long beds only?

The email wasn't specific, however from what I've seen here and elsewhere, the vast majority of people have CCSB.
LBs had a 50 gallon option... folks who have a LB can probably buy all the parts for a swap... I though someone had already done this?

Papa Red

Papa Red
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
I have the factory 50 gallon tank in my truck and it's a great option to have. It was only a $295 option when I ordered the truck. Typically when I fill up my miles to empty is usually over 800 miles.

Red

Riccochet

Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 2500 Laramie Longhorn
Engine
It was a great option, if you had an 8' bed. I don't need or want an 8' bed. I would, however, like a larger fuel tank.

Tulecreeper

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
It was a great option, if you had an 8' bed. I don't need or want an 8' bed. I would, however, like a larger fuel tank.
I don't recall a larger fuel tank, or an extra fuel tank, as being an option when I ordered mine in January. I might have taken that.

OP
OP
Gondul

Gondul

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
Yep... and I'd rather not lose the space in the bed.
And simply having a larger tank makes everything simpler.

Riccochet

Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 2500 Laramie Longhorn
Engine
I don't recall a larger fuel tank, or an extra fuel tank, as being an option when I ordered mine in January. I might have taken that.
It's not on the website, that's for sure. Maybe they discontinued it, or it's one of those options you need to know about and only shows in the dealer ordering system. When we ordered our '21 Gladiator the options/config we wanted was not possible on the website, but was doable in the ordering system.

Adventurebound

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I also received this email. Was just going to post about this as well. Thanks for putting it out there