AlfaOBD TV

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

18CrewDually

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7 H.O.
So am I, I didn't think it was possible.

Sent from my HTC U11 using Tapatalk

I often wonder what if you changed the vehicles country of destination (I forget how it's worded in Alpha). Theres got to be countries without our tight federal safety restrictions. Just a side thought.

chrisbh17

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
So am I, I didn't think it was possible.

Pretty sure someone has tried and it doesn't work

As mentioned earlier I think the only way is to tap the can bus feed and translate the messages containing vehicle speed to trick the radio into thinking the truck is always stopped. Not sure what other effects it would have on things like navigation, etc.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

OP
OP
SitKneelBend

SitKneelBend

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
Pretty sure someone has tried and it doesn't work

As mentioned earlier I think the only way is to tap the can bus feed and translate the messages containing vehicle speed to trick the radio into thinking the truck is always stopped. Not sure what other effects it would have on things like navigation, etc.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk
It breaks it on an RA4 for me. Not sure how it would affect anything on a UAS where the NAV is external and doesn't rely in the CANBUS for anything.

OP
OP
SitKneelBend

SitKneelBend

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
I often wonder what if you changed the vehicles country of destination (I forget how it's worded in Alpha). Theres got to be countries without our tight federal safety restrictions. Just a side thought.
Some have done this to correct things with AlfaOBD but as I understand it sometimes the country changes can have sweeping effects (similar to turning on SRT).

OP
OP
SitKneelBend

SitKneelBend

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
I'm going to dig back into the video in motion thing again. I just figured out that my wife and kids can play Super Nintendo games on the 8.4 screen with my current setup. It would be awesome if I can get it to work in motion for road trips.

chrisbh17

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I thought the Tazer product claimed it will bypass it, but Im not sure if there is fine print that says the nav would no longer work.

OP
OP
SitKneelBend

SitKneelBend

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
So, all of the settings regarding video in motion appear to not work on my UAS. I can set it to enabled but it immediately reverts to disabled.

606b7bcb7fc55366d8dc62a57593dd76.jpg

So my next question is, has anyone actually used a PAC BCI-CH41 successfully with a UAS or UAQ 8.4 radio (2018+ model years)? If so, does it allow the video input to remain on indefinitely?

Gixxer750

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015_2017
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Shoot, a lot has changed in the alpa app in the past 6 months. I got rid of that silly snapshot thing, it was a giant waste of time. Unfortunately, the video playback in front seat was what I was thinking of. Maybe, I had enabled the disc player as well. I just started poking around with it today unsuccessfully. So ill have to figure this out. And now that the dash is all ripped apart, I hope to figure it out quickly.
But I had done in in my '15 Sport, so im pretty optimistic.

Gixxer750

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015_2017
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Full disclaimer, a lot has changed in the app since I had video in motion functioning in my old truck.
I tried to do it the same way that the tazer does using the external disk. Whole I was doing it I had a little medical thing, and popped some pulls, and with the putter patter of soft rain I clonked out and woke up to a Lancia on my splash screen and no video in motion. Lol Sh*!. It isnt the special pages, the splash screen type, or the vehicle type. So .....hmmm it's kinda cool, haven't found any dramatic negative effects other than I have bought themes available

20210610_002330.jpg

20210610_002344.jpg

20210610_002206.jpg

OP
OP
SitKneelBend

SitKneelBend

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
Ok, here is the alpha setting that I remember using to get video in motion.

View attachment 250227

View attachment 250228
Giving this a try today. I have no idea how I missed that option!

Quick question, I see the cargo can option but is there a reason you posted the cabin net screenshot too? Are there two settings to change or just the second one (cargo can disable)?

OP
OP
SitKneelBend

SitKneelBend

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
Full disclaimer, a lot has changed in the app since I had video in motion functioning in my old truck.
I tried to do it the same way that the tazer does using the external disk. Whole I was doing it I had a little medical thing, and popped some pulls, and with the putter patter of soft rain I clonked out and woke up to a Lancia on my splash screen and no video in motion. Lol Sh*!. It isnt the special pages, the splash screen type, or the vehicle type. So .....hmmm it's kinda cool, haven't found any dramatic negative effects other than I have bought themes available

View attachment 250230

View attachment 250231

View attachment 250232
Giving this a try today. I have no idea how I missed that option!

Quick question, I see the cargo can option but is there a reason you posted the cabin net screenshot too? Are there two settings to change or just the second one (cargo can disable)?

So mine was already set to "No"... I set it to yes but I don't think it will do anything different.