Factory Remote Start on a vehicle w/o power locks?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

WhiteExpress

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Is there any reason that ya'll can think of that I couldn't purchase / install the factory remote start on my '11 Express?

I mean, sure I'd have to use my key to unlock the door, but that's no different.

Thoughts?

quietpeen

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 TRX
Engine
Hellcat
that is a good question. the other thing is that all the user end settings are done with the evic

Stangshcky12

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 Cummins
I don't see any reason why not. Aftermarket starters are usually a pain to tie the remote into the power locks anyway. The past 4 of the 5 remote starters my parents have had on there cars have had separate remotes anyway

quietpeen

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 TRX
Engine
Hellcat
i guess the real question then is, will the factory one fault if it is not connected to power locks? Maybe its just a programmed sequence that follows through no matter what.

OP
OP
WhiteExpress

WhiteExpress

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
i guess the real question then is, will the factory one fault if it is not connected to power locks? Maybe its just a programmed sequence that follows through no matter what.

Right, The other thing I am worried about was looking at the unit in a thread on here, it looks like it replaces the Ignition Switch unit. Which I can't really change. Otherwise I would have to re-key both doors and my Tailgate too.

Nothing is ever easy. Why didn't I just spend 2x as much and get the fully loaded Sport 4x?

LB3711

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6L V6
aftermarket would be a better though then you can get an alarm and remote start in 1

Graygoose

Indecisive Car Owner
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Convert, for now.
Engine
small
You can do aftermarket, just get a small one button remote...so you have regular key fob, and one small for remote start. Carry it only when it's seasonal to use it.

quietpeen

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 TRX
Engine
Hellcat
Right, The other thing I am worried about was looking at the unit in a thread on here, it looks like it replaces the Ignition Switch unit. Which I can't really change. Otherwise I would have to re-key both doors and my Tailgate too.

Nothing is ever easy. Why didn't I just spend 2x as much and get the fully loaded Sport 4x?

I don't think you would have to re-key you doors and tail gate because i would think that once you went to the factory remote start it would use this key since it replaces the ignition.

10_d_r35_sas_pro_sentrykey_ter.jpg

Five.SevenlExpress

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7l
fair enough...

i always had a truck that didnt come stock with a alarm... so I have always been with Viper.... which I will get for my truck coming up in december