help 4low stuck and had to tow it home

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

treearborist13

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 magnum
I need help I had to tow my truck in 4low for 5 miles and the transmission got hot and fluid started to come out of the dip stick for the transmission. Will my transmission be ok? Could it have done damage? It didn't lock up and no grinding I let it cool Down . Will it be ok ?

RamV10

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
V10
What does the fluid look like? Is it black or burnt. Why didn't you remove the driveshafts?
You'll only know when you start your truck & drive it to know if you did any damage. Getting them hot is never good.

OP
OP
T

treearborist13

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 magnum
I couldn't remove drive shaft I was in the middle of no were with limited tools. And the fluid is still reddish color. It only got hot very briefly and I pulled over and stopped right when it got hot let it cool down had a buddy bring some tools and manually took it out of 4low into neutral and finished towing it home do you think it will be ok? Thanks

Csanders1992

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Was your truck running?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Merc225hp

Reaction score
Ram Year
truck
Engine
gas
We can't answer that Q for you, you will have to drive it and see how the tranny works/shifts.

FlyinHaYn

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Depending on how fast you were being towed, it could be promising.