Hemi 5.7 valve spring change

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Garfield0264

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Hi everybody,

I'm writing from Brussels (Belgium)
Sorry for my poor english...

I have a 2004 Dodge Ram with a 5.7 Hemi engine.

I'm worry about the oil consumption, about 1L for 650 miles.

I bought new valve springs + valve stem seals and new pushrods.

My question is, can I change the springs + stem seals + pushrods without any adjustement ? In other words, can I just pull off the old pushrods and replace them with the new ones ?

Thanks a lot
Best regards

Jean-Luc :flipthebird:

MarkV

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7 Magnum V8 NOW with Moose Power
Welcome!!! You should be able to so that. But im not sure that is your issue... It might be piston rings.. But someone else on here will be more knowledgeable about that engine.

Rustycowl69

Reaction score
Ram Year
2001 ram 3500
Engine
V10
I must be totally oblivious. I fail to see how new valve springs and pushrods can alleviate excessive oil consumption. I think it would be wiser to leak- down check and compression check first. Diagnose, first, then fix what needs to be fixed.
You never mentioned odometer mileage. I think that could be important. Has there been previous work done on the heads?

89gtcs

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Yes, if you buy OEM parts you can just replace them. The hemi has hydraulic lifters which do not require lash adjustment