Hit the brakes!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

FullForceRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi 2WD Quad Cab
This being my 3rd Ram and experiencing brake fatigue on my trucks (especially when towing in certain mountain ranges here in California) I decided to go with the Powerstop rotors and extreme pads. I've had this same setup on all of my Rams and I gotta say I really like them. One note that I didn't do on my first Ram was the break in procedure. You have to heat cycle them on the first drive. It's something not everyone realizes, even I didn't realize it at first. Aside from that, happy to report and recommend that they have been great for my applications.

Kudos to Powerstop.
-Sam

001(148).jpg
001(146).jpg
001(144).jpg

Plankton

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Yes sirrrr I put a Z23 set on in April. I made sure to follow the break-in procedure too. So far they've been outstanding.

EgMEz8F.jpg

xyCeI4x.jpg

BadHemi2014

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I also have the PowerStop Z23 pads n rotors and also PowerStop calipers. Been on over a year now and still look great and work perfectly.
I also put them on my Beetle, and I'm just as pleased.

HDGoose

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
L6 Diesel HO
How does changing rotors and calipers affect the ABS system?

Phirebeard

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
How does changing rotors and calipers affect the ABS system?
It should have no affect at all. ABS prevents lock up regardless of type of rotors/pads. Slotted/drilled rotors help prevent brake fade (overheating) and the loss of braking power as a result.