How to install rear coil spacers

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

boomer135

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 Sport CC 4x4
Engine
This install should take you 30-60min to accomplish, Having someone help is always a plus, but I did it on my own…

Chock front wheels & Jack up rear one side at a time and support with jackstands. I used 2 per side for safety reasons. remove rear wheels.

Using a wood or rubber support Jack up center of rear axel with enough pressure to remove parts in next step. Keep floor jack with pressure under rear axel

Remover the lower shock mount bolt/nut and remove sway bar end links. Repeat for other side. Swing these out of the way

Slowly let the jack down, lowering the rear axel enough to remove the coil springs. You may have to fudge with the axel a bit to remove, repeat on other side

Remover rubber spring support and install in spring with spacer as shown. repeat on other side

Reinstall both coil springs. You might have to use different jacking points , or pressure on the axel to install the springs w/ the spacers

Jack back up the axel, and reconnect the lower shock mount nut/bolt and sway bar end link. repeat on other side

Reinstall tires, remove the jackstands, your done!

OP
OP
B

boomer135

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 Sport CC 4x4
Engine
Thanks I wanted to do a write up on the Bilsteins and one for the body lift, but just got preoccupied.

I am hoping this will get the guys going with something easy, and work on their own trucks.

straightravage

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Is there a wrong way to reinstall the springs???

I recently did a lift on my truck and the rear springs look bowed out. The bow to the rear of the truck.

Just wanted to know.
Thanks