I/C coolant Level Low warning light

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

NickC52

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 diesel
I have a '21, 3500, Ram diesel dually truck with 44,000 miles. Recently parked on a hill I noticed a message on my dash board reading I/C Coolant Level Low. I immediately checked the coolant level and radiator temp gauges. Coolant level didn't seem low and temps were normal. I did wind up putting 2 quarts of antifreeze in the reservoir. My dealer says it's a software issue and has plagued this Ram truck. I know from reading the forums that it seems to be a common problem. I've also read owners changing out the reservoir tanks and sensors only to have the light come back on. So, with my warning light constantly coming on, now normal practice for me is to check my temp gauge every time I drive. Then, one day when I go to sell the truck I'm suppose to convince the prospective buyer it's a computer glitch. Maybe, my dealer is right about the software issue since I really haven't seen any fixes for this problem. Right? Does anyone out there, who has experienced this problem, found a fix? If so any and all input is appreciated. Thanks, all for your help.

turkeybird56

Military Vet 1976-1996 Retired US Army
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Bighorn, 4 X 4, 3.21 rear, Bright Flame Red Pearl Coat, Mopar tonneau cover,Westin Bed rug
Engine
Hemi 5.7
:welcome: