I Hate The Ram Build & Price Website

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Goose55

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins High Output 6.7L
Like a Big Mac, it doesn't look at all like the advertised picture

Well, at least yesterday, they finally (in the 4th month of the model year) removed the top wood on the steering wheel. But the bright chrome is a dull, dirty bronze, and the buckled floor mat section (lower right) does not match the cattle brown color
o_O

I think most here would agree, that Build Site rendering on the left sure does look appealing, but reality leaves a void. Would that reality looked like the rendering.

1680882437725.png1680882503033.png

Randy Grant

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7

Well, at least yesterday, they finally (in the 4th month of the model year) removed the top wood on the steering wheel. But the bright chrome is a dull, dirty bronze, and the buckled floor mat section (lower right) does not match the cattle brown color
o_O

I think most here would agree, that Build Site rendering on the left sure does look appealing, but reality leaves a void. Would that reality looked like the rendering.

View attachment 518196View attachment 518197
Go to a dealers and see what you want to order to see if you like it. do the leg work if you are going to spent the cash. Simple as that.

KWal

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
V8
Holy smokes! Is that a gear shift lever? I thought they did away with those.

BossHogg

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7L Cummins
Go to a dealers and see what you want to order to see if you like it. do the leg work if you are going to spent the cash. Simple as that.
Good luck finding an HD sitting in a dealer's yard stock and if you did find one, it wouldn't be a Longhorn.

jejb

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins

o_O

I understand your frustration when the website shows you something and then you get something else. Way better than the old days when you only had a paper catalog to order from, but not perfect. When we got the wife's new Pacifica, we thought about ordering a '22. But Stellantis was doing to those in '22 what they are doing to the Rams in '23, limiting the options and taking away some of the options in the Ltd model that she wanted. We found a '21 that had all the stuff she wanted, so we traveled 5 hours to buy it.

You may want to do a nationwide search for a '22 with the chrome bumpers you want, and the wood steering wheel. Probably would be hard to find though, and you sure would not get that Mark Dodge discount on it.

Riccochet

Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 2500 Laramie Longhorn
Engine
There's no chrome in a Longhorn interior.

And the website builders have never been 100% accurate.

turkeybird56

Military Vet 1976-1996 Retired US Army
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Bighorn, 4 X 4, 3.21 rear, Bright Flame Red Pearl Coat, Mopar tonneau cover,Westin Bed rug
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I just a simple BOIRD, I just look on lot and pick what I want, did the same with this DT 2019 truck, which is an early build (April 18) and I bought 1 Aug 2018.

Rayzaa

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Agree the build site sucks. Doesnt let you do many things. No option for two toned paint for one. I dont lke that if you want one option you have to add a whole package.

DickLowman

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 hemi
I agree with Rayzaa, there are problems. But the build site is good for research prior to speaking with a dealer if you choose to deal direct. If you know ahead of time, for example, that an essential item such as a running board requires a "chrome package," you can simply eliminate that option and add the running boards later from a third party. I found the site useful from that standpoint. When investing $60K or more, you have a better chance of getting what you want without the added garbage. And you are better informed when looking at the actual rigs in the lot.